Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-16

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops - I also meant to echo Cooker's comments made this week.

We've had several Throw-downers slip away. The door is always open! Hope is never lost until you're sleeping under the grass and not on top.

We have lots of fun here. For me, it's the motivation of having people to do this with, none of us are in it alone. You don't have to post your losses or gains. I choose to because it makes me accountable. No one chastises on gains, just encourages.

Gnusgal said:
Today the scale seemed to be in an okay mood. Not as good as yesterday, but I'll take it. ;)

Original weight: 142
Last week: 134
This week: 132
This week's change: -2
Total change:10

Woo-Hoo! I've made it to the double digits! Now if this stinkin' fluid would cooperate, I might be happy with my weight. ;)

See! I told you it would come back off again this week!
I held my own this week. No loss, no gain but have been very very busy. I've had my 3 y/o granddaughter since last Saturday. Yesterday we went to the fitness center and swam a couple of hours. Today I'm sore all over and right ankle is swollen and sore. (the foot I fractured in August). I promised her yesterday we would go back today so my hubby and grandson are coming too. I won't have to keep kicking and treading water to stay in arm's reach today which will be a good thing. This morning though we are going to paint her toenails and fingernails which is a little less strenuous but so very fun.

Linda down a pound and Karlynn no gain!!!! Great job you two:D :) :D I think any loss or no gain this time of year is a miracle:D :D

Karlynn.......I will have yyou know that my toes are the thinest thing on this hairy body.......so it could not have been me:)

Sidebar:

I know that several people are on medication that makes it hard to lose or even gain. Is this a cholesterol medication? I go next week to get mine checked. Six months ago during my physical my PCP said mine was creeping up and he wanted to check me in six months and maybe start me on a low dose of something. I objected because I was in range and he said it was for ten years down the road, a preventative type of thing. Any insight on this will be appreciated. I go next week. I also know some of these medications can cause liver problems and I am very protective of my liver.

Karlynn said:
Oops - I also meant to echo Cooker's comments made this week.

We've had several Throw-downers slip away. The door is always open! Hope is never lost until you're sleeping under the grass and not on top.

We have lots of fun here. For me, it's the motivation of having people to do this with, none of us are in it alone. You don't have to post your losses or gains. I choose to because it makes me accountable. No one chastises on gains, just encourages.

Throw Downers Anonymous......."slippers" are always welcome back.....shame free:D :) :D

;)
RobHol said:
Starting weight: 272

This morning's weight on the dreaded scales: 260

Overall change: minus-12

Change in past week: plus-2

Remember also that he is paying a heavy price for rescuing you from all those scones, muffins, cakes, pies, cupcakes and other delicacies. SUPERBOB needs to find some sort of special disposal for these morsels instead of paying the price himself. :D

Later this morning, it's off to the doctor and the really dreaded scales there. The Man of Steel will remove his cape in order to get as much credit with ol' sawbones as he can, but he is afraid to strip to his birthday suit lest he wind up in the psychiatric ward. This forum is all the funny farm he needs. :D

Cheers to everybody....

Up only two after your Birthday!!!! Great job!!!!

As far as "needs to find some sort of special disposal for these morsels instead of paying the price himself." I have two words for you, "Prune Juice":D :p

cooker said:
;)

Up only two after your Birthday!!!! Great job!!!!

As far as "needs to find some sort of special disposal for these morsels instead of paying the price himself." I have two words for you, "Prune Juice":D :p

Penalty!!!
On Cooker, for advocating a banned substance!:mad:

Penalty Accessed:
Red painted toenails on the Chimp before Karlynn's next Wednesday weigh-in!;) ;) :cool: :p

Cindy and I are both up a pound this week.

We had extra eating out this week due to a funeral out of town and some other disruptions. We drove Cindy's mother and her best friend to the eye doctor yesterday; they both had their checkup. Betty, her friend, gave us a small tin of homemade fudge :eek: YUM!...so, that tin kept talking. It is half gone and the rest will be thrown away today.

Actually with the extra sodium I consumed, I'm happy to have not gained more than a pound. If I eat out it is best for me to drink extra water. Another problem this week is that we had less than usual water to boot. So, now back on track.

We are eating at Shoney's on Thanksgiving due to my mother's and sister's schedules....the only place serving Thanksgiving dinner in the evening :( . It could be worse, but it sure could be better.

OMG you guys!! It's barely 8 am on the west coast on friday and there's already over 40 posts to this FRIDAY thread!!!! I can't keep up with you all!!

But that's okay! Made ya look, anyway!! ;)

WAY back to Cooker's first comment, I had never heard of the 80% 20% balance to eating right but I really like that. AND in fact, I would say that that is what I am doing and it is certainly working for me. The walking and Curves aren't religious in the funky weather and holiday hub-bub but my body doesn't seem to mind. The bowling is hilarious and whatever I don't actually expend in physical activity I'm sure I'm burning off in laughter.

Which leads me to think that this weekly thread is a very healthy thing! Whatever we all aren't expending in our own lives, reading Lardmaster and SuperBob banter and "cuss" at each other keeps us rolling with laughter....not to mention the many sidekicks we have for humorists! :p

I am doing quite well....slow and steady as hoped. Even made the conscious choice to drive right past the Krispy Kreme when I happened over to that part of town the other day. Whew.....the steering wheel was shaking its way over to the drive thru.

So here I am

Beginning weight 189

Today's weight 181

total loss since beginning throw down 8 pounds

total loss since just pre-surgery 18 months ago 26 pounds :D

Still not feeling as good as I want. Still hoping for about 30-40 more pounds. Seems I've shrunk an inch :eek: and need to keep that in mind with the BMI stuff (darnit)

And as for me....heck with you guys. I'm weighing in on Friday next week like usual. I don't think one dinner is going to mess with me too much. I don't think I'll be hungry. It's the NEXT night that will be bad for me. I make the most scrumptious turkey tettrazini with the leftovers and use cream and lots of parmesan!

GOOD LUCK everyone!! Here's a new mantra.......

Keep it at 80/20.......laugh a lot......and KEEP MOVING!! :D :D

Happy Holidays!

Marguerite

Marguerite- keep up the good work! You have to get up pretty early in the morning to keep ahead of the East Coast Chimp.

Betty - I got worn out just reading your post. I'm preparing myself. Our little scamp arrives on Wednesday. A little to young yet to paint toenails - but I look forward to the day!!!

Wise and Cindy - hang in there. You guys are kind of following my course - pound up, few pounds down, going very SSSSLLLLLOOOOWWWWW! This is really the only place that keeps me from getting a wee bit frustrated.

Ref - I'm sorry I ever questioned your authority.:eek: :eek: :D I didn't think you had it in you to assess such a stiff pentalty. (Can I choose the shade of red - I want cherry red - with sparkles!)

Karlynn said:
Marguerite- keep up the good work! You have to get up pretty early in the morning to keep ahead of the East Coast Chimp.

Betty - I got worn out just reading your post. I'm preparing myself. Our little scamp arrives on Wednesday. A little to young yet to paint toenails - but I look forward to the day!!!

Wise and Cindy - hang in there. You guys are kind of following my course - pound up, few pounds down, going very SSSSLLLLLOOOOWWWWW! This is really the only place that keeps me from getting a wee bit frustrated.

Ref - I'm sorry I ever questioned your authority.:eek: :eek: :D I didn't think you had it in you to assess such a stiff pentalty. (Can I choose the shade of red - I want cherry red - with sparkles!)

Cherry red, with sparkles, it is!:p :p :p

Oh Happy Weigh-In Day!

Oh Happy Weigh-In Day!

SUPERBOB had been dreading this day -- not only the weigh in for The Chimp but esp the one later at the doctor's office. But lo and behold the doctor's scales and records tell that I have lost 16 pounds since July 30 --- 4 more than I am crediting myself with in the Throw-Down!!! And the Man of Steel removed only his cape for the weigh-in. The nurse said with a wink that it was okay for him to get nekkid if he wanted to, but in truth SUPERBOB is (blush) a tad shy (sorry, Mary). :D Anyway, the nurses and the doc were marveling at my progress.

There was other good news in the lab report: My A1c (three-month average for blood sugar) was 5.33 -- the lowest it has ever been! (And it's right where it should be. My numbers are no longer diabetic -- though of course I need to keep living the anti-diabetic lifestyle to keep them right). I won't bore you with all my cholesterol numbers but the doc said they were all "perfect." That includes my "good" cholesterol, which had been too low, but has risen 15 points and now is where it is supposed to be.

Good friends of the Throw-Down .... this entertaining but supportive thread is a MAJOR reason I have been able to make such progress. I surely would have shredded my weight-loss journal by now and cleaned out the scone tray at the coffeehouse if not for the accountability and friendly, supportive banter of you fellow Throw-Downers. Gosh, The Man of Steel is getting a little misty-eyed thinking about this, and real supermen don't cry, right? :D Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you. I told the doc and his folks that my goal is just to maintain through the holidays and then to lose another 16 by the time I see them again. :) :) :)

Congrats to all of you who are hanging in there and doing so well!

Look - up in the sky - it's SuperBob! Yea! SuperBob! (I was secretly looking forward to the mental picture of a nekkid weigh-in at the doc's office. :( )

RobHol said:
SUPERBOB had been dreading this day -- not only the weigh in for The Chimp but esp the one later at the doctor's office. But lo and behold the doctor's scales and records tell that I have lost 16 pounds since July 30 --- 4 more than I am crediting myself with in the Throw-Down!!! And the Man of Steel removed only his cape for the weigh-in. The nurse said with a wink that it was okay for him to get nekkid if he wanted to, but in truth SUPERBOB is (blush) a tad shy (sorry, Mary). :D Anyway, the nurses and the doc were marveling at my progress.

There was other good news in the lab report: My A1c (three-month average for blood sugar) was 5.33 -- the lowest it has ever been! (And it's right where it should be. My numbers are no longer diabetic -- though of course I need to keep living the anti-diabetic lifestyle to keep them right). I won't bore you with all my cholesterol numbers but the doc said they were all "perfect." That includes my "good" cholesterol, which had been too low, but has risen 15 points and now is where it is supposed to be.

Good friends of the Throw-Down .... this entertaining but supportive thread is a MAJOR reason I have been able to make such progress. I surely would have shredded my weight-loss journal by now and cleaned out the scone tray at the coffeehouse if not for the accountability and friendly, supportive banter of you fellow Throw-Downers. Gosh, The Man of Steel is getting a little misty-eyed thinking about this, and real supermen don't cry, right? :D Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you. I told the doc and his folks that my goal is just to maintain through the holidays and then to lose another 16 by the time I see them again. :) :) :)

Congrats to all of you who are hanging in there and doing so well!

Great news and good job SuperBob!!!! Those numbers are fantastic!!! And I?m with you??I would still be gorging myself if it were not for all of the fun and support this thread supplies. As always I never want to forget to thank my fellow losers.

Just for the sake of clarification.
Definition:

Naked????. Having no clothes on.:)

Nekkid????.Having no clothes on and up to something:D ;) :D

cooker said:
[COLOR="Purple"

Just for the sake of clarification.
Definition:

Naked????. Having no clothes on.:)

Nekkid????.Having no clothes on and up to something:D ;) :D
[/COLOR]

Definition No. 2 always applies for Superbob. At least he is always READY for it to apply given that he is a legend in his own mind. :D :D :D

RobHol said:
Definition No. 2 always applies for Superbob. At least he is always READY for it to apply given that he is a legend in his own mind. :D :D :D

Brother?..20 more pounds and I?ll get nekkid for anybody;) ???.who an I fooling? I?ll do it now!!!:rolleyes:

RobHol said:

Get that nekkid picture snapped, and we'll judge for ourselves!;) :p :p :p

RobHol said:

SuperBob........I think that is more of a warm weather snap shot..............if ya know what I mean:eek: :p

Superbob, that is FANTASTIC news! :D Keep up the good work.

I'm with you. If it weren't for this thread, I know I would have quit a long time ago. I don't know what I would do without you all. (((group hug))) :D

Back