Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karlynn said:
Oops - forgot to mention - Had I won in my filed complaint of the referee's participatory status, I would have suggested we get the woman pictured below to step in as ref. (Do you know who she is, other than my hero?)

Now I can't say a bad thing about Paula.....a true southern lady and cook. But as far as a referee.......she is a fat addict (me too):eek: She uses more fat in one meal than I do in a week..........But try her sour cream biscuits:) :) :)

cooker said:
Now I can't say a bad thing about Paula.....a true southern lady and cook. But as far as a referee.......she is a fat addict (me too):eek: She uses more fat in one meal than I do in a week..........But try her sour cream biscuits:) :) :)

Yup - everything has a stick of butter in it!!!! And I'm going to go see her Paula Deen Live show at the Chicago Theater on Saturday! Can I gain weight by just watching.

Oh, and this week's weight - 150
last week 151
-1 lb
total loss -5

Karlynn said:
Yup - everything has a stick of butter in it!!!! And I'm going to go see her Paula Deen Live show at the Chicago Theater on Saturday! Can I gain weight by just watching.

last week 151
-1 lb
total loss -5

Karlynn....great job on the lost pound:) ......As far as gaining from "contact calories" I hope not!!!:eek: I take great pleasure in observing and smelling the Krispy Kreme?s hot off the conveyer belt:eek:

Karlynn said:
last week 151
-1 lb
total loss -5

Way to go Karlynn!

Yougogirl.gif

Karlynn said:
Karlynn, please post after the show on Saturday.
I've seen Paula on the Oprah show and loved every minute of it.:)

Bina said:
Karlynn, please post after the show on Saturday.
I've seen Paula on the Oprah show and loved every minute of it.:)

I also like Rachel Ray;) , Sandra Lee;) (? the semi home made babe) and the slim Italian girl;) , can't remember her name, I think the name of her show is Everyday Italian. Hotties in the kitchen, a southern boys dream come true:p

cooker said:

I also like Rachel Ray;) , Sandra Lee;) (? the semi home made babe) and the slim Italian girl;) , can't remember her name, I think the name of her show is Everyday Italian. Hotties in the kitchen, a southern boys dream come true:p

Giada DiLaurentis is her name. I can't watch that right now. Paula Deen. Love her....can't watch that either. Rachel....I can take in small doses....can't watch that right now either. Paula is the Lucille Ball of food, is she not? Funny funny!!

It's official! I now have documented proof from the doctor's office that my weight fluctuations over the last couple of months have been due to fluid retention, NOT my excessive eating habits... Okay, maybe not entirely, but it sounds better than "I'm a pig."

Seriously, though, my new ICD is totally cool. It keeps track of CHF symptoms, including fluid retention. Apparently in the month of October it was through the roof. May be why it was so hard to get the scale to inch downward. I seem to be back down to "normal" now, which made sense to me, since the scale this morning showed a 2 lb. loss from Friday. It's nice to have some validation that it's not all me... Well, sort of.

I got a copy of the report that I'm going to try and scan later and post for you all to see. Pretty neat gizmo.

Tuesday night with the men of the church at Fudrucker's............Grilled fish sandwich with small fry and diet Coke:D :D ...........one humongous brownie with a humongous scoop of vanilla ice cream:eek: :eek: ........:D :p

Gnusgal said:
It's official! I now have documented proof from the doctor's office that my weight fluctuations over the last couple of months have been due to fluid retention, NOT my excessive eating habits... Okay, maybe not entirely, but it sounds better than "I'm a pig."

Seriously, though, my new ICD is totally cool. It keeps track of CHF symptoms, including fluid retention. Apparently in the month of October it was through the roof. May be why it was so hard to get the scale to inch downward. I seem to be back down to "normal" now, which made sense to me, since the scale this morning showed a 2 lb. loss from Friday. It's nice to have some validation that it's not all me... Well, sort of.

I got a copy of the report that I'm going to try and scan later and post for you all to see. Pretty neat gizmo.

Niki,
The ICD does sound cool! It is great that you have a device that can track the amount of fluid you retain, but even better that you've now got it off again!
I hope you can scan the report. It would be fun to see it.

cooker said:
Tuesday night with the men of the church at Fudrucker's............Grilled fish sandwich with small fry and diet Coke:D :D ...........one humongous brownie with a humongous scoop of vanilla ice cream:eek: :eek: ........:D :p

Tsk, Tsk!:p :p :D

Help! I need a serious:eek: intervention! My brother in law treated us to the Elephant Bar Restaurant(any of you all been there?) and my inlaws are coming Wed -Mon. They bring a TON of doughnuts when they come. I am already in a bigger holding pattern with my weight than O'Hare the day before Thanksgiving. I am going over the edge...help Cooker!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Deb

Okay, I'm giving this my best shot. Not sure if it will be too big, since this is the first time I've ever tried to attach a scanned image...

Now, I'm not going to pretend to understand all of what that report says... but I do know that the big tall peak isn't a good thing. It's the valleys they want me to stay in. I have no idea what caused these spikes, unless they are when I went to visit family and therefore ate out more than I do when I'm home. I think I'm going to try and keep track of what I'm eating and doing every day (plus any symptoms I might be having) so that when I go in next time (Feb.) I can better guess what might have caused any fluctuations.

Oh! And I also found out what was making it so hard to do strenuous exercise. Apparently my max HR was set for 130. So when my HR sped up with exercise, my ICD would step in and bring it back down, causing me to "hit a wall." The doc said that he's had patients pass out when that happens, so he reprogrammed it so that my top rate is 150 (or something like that). I'm hoping to discover that I can now do more with my exercise (like swimming!) without "hitting a wall" like I did before. Maybe we'll see a big drop in my weight now! :D

Debster said:
Help! I need a serious:eek: intervention! My brother in law treated us to the Elephant Bar Restaurant(any of you all been there?) and my inlaws are coming Wed -Mon. They bring a TON of doughnuts when they come. I am already in a bigger holding pattern with my weight than O'Hare the day before Thanksgiving. I am going over the edge...help Cooker!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Deb

I think you need to RUN......LOL..................you can't do that so do the best you can. We are entering the season of dietary hazards and it will be hard for all of us. I don't think total denial is the answer during the season so just try and be mindful and maybe you won't get to tummy full:rolleyes: Anyway.....a holding pattern is better than a crash...............good luck:)

Debster said:

Fear not! Superbob will save the day. Just hand him those bags of doughnuts (and if you have any scones, those also) and he will
take care of them for you! :p ;)

Latest posts

Back