Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Here we go on week???..?????? Does anyone know how long we have been at this? SuperBob and I figured it out one time but I have forgotten. Not that it matters, just curious. After tomorrow we will weigh in two more times before Thanksgiving. One is next Friday 11/17 and the second one will be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving 11/21.

I hope we all have had a good week of losing and will continue the trend between now and Turkey Day!!! I will try and stay on track but I will be taking a brief sabbatical at the end of the month and know there will be some pounds that find their way back to my belly. After Thanksgiving we have four weigh ins remaining before Christmas. That should be enough time to recuperate from the Thanksgiving delicacies!! See you in the morning with this weeks results!!!!

I have my secret weapon to stave off weight gain during the Thanksgiving holiday. My granddaughter is coming!!!!!!! I think she's going to keep me running!

Good luck to all on this weeks weigh-in. I'm a Monday reporter - so I "weigh-in" then.

I think this was our 9th week...Started posting our weight on Mondays........so really..tomorrow will be 8 weeks..5 days?..:confused: .I loss 1 lb from the 2 ..that I gained back.......but will post tomorrow..Welcome to Mary/ Linda..It is not easy to lose..but having this site has helped me to stay focus....If not for posting every week..I would have gained those 8 lbs back quickly...:eek: ...Past 2 mornings..28 degrees..:eek: so..having to do a little walking in afternoons.....already getting dark here at 5:20 P.m..........Thanks again to Cooker..for keeping this diet thread going..Bonnie

WELCOME..BACK..FREDDIE.. I have missed you.:D :D :D ..Thanks for the date it started..:D .Why we need you to stay on VR.Com...with your wealth of info ..for VR.Com......for other threads that you post..to..I love you new members..You are more up-to date than us old timers..:p ..Some times..I want to quit posting too....on VR.com. for feel I have nothing to add. after 6 years..:( ....Thanks for coming back....Bonnie

I could not believe the scales this morning so I waited until I was a bit more awake and weighed again. And sure enough I am down 4 pounds this week. I have walked every day so I am sure that has contributed but I also have developed bronchitis and have felt like crap for two days. Between the antibiotic and headaches I have had no appetite. So the point of this feverish rambling is that todays weight may be a false low. But I will take it:p

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................211
This week....................207
Weekly Change............-4
Total Loss......................26

Whoa, Cooker! Way to go! I wanna be just like you and I'm happy to announce that, in my own smaller way, I am! I lost 2 pounds this week. This, despite having eaten out for lunch yesterday and at my son's band banquet last night. Thanks for the rundown on what's ahead as far as Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have an even worse food temptation coming next weekend--a trip to my husband's company's "retreat" where they throw delectable food and libations at us hourly all weekend long...and elves come to replenish when we're not looking! I'll worry about that next week...:D

My stats:

Starting Weight: 179
Last week's weight: 160.5
This week's weight: 158.5
Total change: -20.5
This week's change: -2

You did say that we didn't have to post our weight, right? Well, I just weighed (which I've been avoiding doing for a while) and I will keep track of my weight and report in next Friday. Hoping for a loss! LINDA

twinmaker said:
You did say that we didn't have to post our weight, right? Well, I just weighed (which I've been avoiding doing for a while) and I will keep track of my weight and report in next Friday. Hoping for a loss! LINDA

Correct!! You do not need to post your weight if don't want to. Just post your loss/gain and any words of wisdom that you might have!!! Welcome.:D

Congratulations to all who've lost, remained the same, or just stayed with the program!:)
I started working on my weight loss with a goal of losing 20 pounds. I have lost five, but I've been at a standstill for the past few weeks. Hopefully joining the throw down will kick start my ambition and help get my butt in gear.
We'll find out next Friday!:D

Here's our report:

Cindy is holding at the same weight as last week (feminine reasons). She'll certainly have another loss next week.

My official throw down weight loss for this week is 2.5 lbs. (I actually lost 4 lbs since last Friday....7 lbs in the last ten days)

Starting weight: 195.5
This weeks change: -2.5
(Official)Total change: -2.5
Current weight: 193

Way to go Wise and Cindy!

happy_doggie0.gif

Good job Wise and Cindy! (And believe me Cindy - I can relate to the "female" reason for not posting a loss.)

Wise and Cindy, well done!

Now if I could just combine our weight loss I would be at my goal
Cooker, it sounds like you are very close to goal weight! Wonderful for you!

Mary and Karlynn, I appreciate the encouragement and the company. Keep up the good fight!

Linda: Welcome aboard...you too can be a loser!:D

Congrats to all our losers for this week..I only loss 1 lb..of the 2 I gained back..:mad: .........This week has been very cold at my house..Birdbath water icy...3 mornings at 28 degrees....so walk around noon...Took dog out at 4 P.M. and wind had picked back up..brrr....Suppose to be back in normal temps for this time of the year...so..hoping to get more walking in next week..:) ..For those of you who like sweets..I saw on my internet diet site..that ..you can have that piece of pie/cake..just do not eat the bottom crust..100 extra calories..may be something to remember at Thanksgiving..:D ...Bonnie

Ugh! Apparently I'm the only one reporting a gain :( (at least so far). I gained a pound. The sad thing is, on Monday I'd actually lost a pound! I guess those two fast food meals are what did it. Every other meal I've had has been very healthy (lots of veggies and salads). I do need to get back to my exercising and hope to do that next week, since Book Fair is now over (Thank God!).

Here's the break down:

Starting weight: 142
Last week: 133
This week: 134
This week's change: +1
Total change: -8

Back