Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cooker said:
I will have to pass that request on to Mary.:eek: You know if were up to me that I would say guesstamate away.:) But I fear that ?The Referee? will crack the whip and hold you accountable.:eek: :eek: :eek:

The ref says NO!

Bob/Cooker

Bob/Cooker

FREEZE the remainder of the cakes..:p Out of sight..Out of mind..:p ......Bob.. cooked many years like your wife..but stopped it...after I had VR.Com surgery....yet..I continued to gain this extra weight..:confused: ...over the past 5 years...I blame Fast-food..traveling in motorhome...If I was still doing all that
Southern cooking at home..I would weigh 300 lbs.:eek: No more cornbread, biscuits, Texas toast for dinner at night..:( ...Hubby is happy with just store-baked cookies..with his coffee at night.......However, when we went to our daughter's this weekend ..she had a big plate of home-made chocolate chips cookies ..right out of the oven..had to drag him away from them..:D ...Bonnie

Mary said:
The ref says NO!

I'm not so sure I will take the call of a ref who is also now officially in the Throw-down. It's kind of like having the other team provide 1 of it's players to be the umpire!!!!!!:mad: :eek: :D So who's going to ref the ref???:D

I'm flattered so many would like my recipes and promise I willl post them on the recipe forum, but it's gonna take a few days because I'm off to Chicago tomorrow. (Karlynn, PM me if you're interested in lunch--short notice, I know). Hubby has stuff to do for a few hours and then we're going to see Neil Young.

Granbonny said:
FREEZE the remainder of the cakes..:p Out of sight..Out of mind..:p ......Bob.. cooked many years like your wife..but stopped it...after I had VR.Com surgery....yet..I continued to gain this extra weight..:confused: ...over the past 5 years...I blame Fast-food..traveling in motorhome...If I was still doing all that
Southern cooking at home..I would weigh 300 lbs.:eek: No more cornbread, biscuits, Texas toast for dinner at night..:( ...Hubby is happy with just store-baked cookies..with his coffee at night.......However, when we went to our daughter's this weekend ..she had a big plate of home-made chocolate chips cookies ..right out of the oven..had to drag him away from them..:D ...Bonnie

Bonnie,

Great idea, freezing it -- but my wife's instructions are, "Eat it or toss it" -- and I get the feeling that I would be in the doghouse if I tossed it ... So I guess I will just do what a man's gotta do, and eat the rest of that cake, and pay the price at Cooker's Friday weigh-in (unless of course The Ref will cut me a birthday break. ;)

Freezing doesn't work for me. A hot cup of tea will thaw a piece of cake w/ icing pretty darned quickly!!!!!:D

I have been known to make a pan of brownies and have one or two then put the rest in the garbage disposal. I'm such a carb-o-holic I would go into the trash to get a piece!:eek:

Karlynn said:
I'm not so sure I will take the call of a ref who is also now officially in the Throw-down. It's kind of like having the other team provide 1 of it's players to be the umpire!!!!!!:mad: :eek: :D So who's going to ref the ref???:D

This is why I asked Cooker if he still wanted me to ref.:eek:
You'd better call your cousin in Cooker!;) :p

Mary said:
This is why I asked Cooker if he still wanted me to ref.:eek:
You'd better call your cousin in Cooker!;) :p

Houston, we have a problem. :D

I propose we name a three-member committee to adjudicate issues that may arise when the Ref is a mere player on this field of greens. :)

Could make Karlynn the chairperson, with Cooker and myself as other committee members. I am sure we would handle these duties with professionalism, and only very rarely use our powers to coerce the Ref into easing up on those weighty calls of hers. :p :D

I called my cousin. He is unavailable. Mary is referee. This is an executive simian decision. Any attempt to over throw this decision will be squarely met with a five pound penalty:p :p :p :p

cooker said:
I called my cousin. He is unavailable. Mary is referee. This is an executive simian decision. Any attempt to over throw this decision will be squarely met with a five pound penalty:p :p :p :p
I agree. No need to change it up. Mary has been fair and I doubt seriously she would change that just because she's a part of the throw down now. However, I do think we may need a referee for the referee if she slips up! ;)

Gnusgal said:
I agree. No need to change it up. Mary has been fair and I doubt seriously she would change that just because she's a part of the throw down now. However, I do think we may need a referee for the referee if she slips up! ;)
There ya go.....a big thumbs up from Texas:D As far as a referee for the referee we could ask for volenteers......If there is more than one volunteer then we may need to have a Throw Down Vice Referee election:eek: :eek: .........is this getting out of hand or what??:rolleyes: Oh course "The Chimp and SuperBob" have ultimate veto power:p :p

I hope we all are spending as much time on exercise and losing as we are second guessing the Throw Down chain of command:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

I will try not to slip . . . unless the Chimp throws a banana peel in my path!:D :p But prune juice continues to be a banned substance . . . in the WI-FTD league!:p :p :D

Well, okay. The chiefs have spoken - I will abide by any ruling Mary makes as ref....unless it goes against me!!!!:D :D :D Then I will travel to her home and force her to consume an entire batch of chocolate chip cookies (homemade and hot out of the oven) while drinking a gallon of chocolate milk. And depending on the severity of the ruling - I may also make her consume an extra large pan pizza with everything on it. (However, I will bring the pizza from the best Chicago style pizza place in the world - Wayne's. It's a little hole-in-the-wall place a mile from my house.......hmmm I wonder what I'll have for lunch.;) )

Oops - forgot to mention - Had I won in my filed complaint of the referee's participatory status, I would have suggested we get the woman pictured below to step in as ref. (Do you know who she is, other than my hero?)

Karlynn said:
Well, okay. The chiefs have spoken - I will abide by any ruling Mary makes as ref....unless it goes against me!!!!:D :D :D Then I will travel to her home and force her to consume an entire batch of chocolate chip cookies (homemade and hot out of the oven) while drinking a gallon of chocolate milk. And depending on the severity of the ruling - I may also make her consume an extra large pan pizza with everything on it. (However, I will bring the pizza from the best Chicago style pizza place in the world - Wayne's. It's a little hole-in-the-wall place a mile from my house.......hmmm I wonder what I'll have for lunch.;) )
Don't worry Mary!!! I will come to your rescue and intercept the cookies, milk and pizza!!:D Not a morsel will reach your lips:D Sort of like throwing myself on a grenade for the home team:D :p :D

No thanks necessary:rolleyes:

cooker said:
Don't worry Mary!!! I will come to your rescue and intercept the cookies, milk and pizza!!:D Not a morsel will reach your lips:D Sort of like throwing myself on a grenade for the home team :p :D

No thanks necessary:rolleyes:

You all are true-blue Pals!:) ;) :rolleyes: :p :p

Karlynn said:
Oops - forgot to mention - Had I won in my filed complaint of the referee's participatory status, I would have suggested we get the woman pictured below to step in as ref. (Do you know who she is, other than my hero?)

That looks like Paula Dean of Savannah, GA, cook extraordinaire. My wife loves her calorie-chocked recipes. Do I get a batch of those chocolate chip cookies as a reward?

Soun's t'me like thar has been sevahal throw downs in this hyar week's throw down!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Earl says them Referee's is only liked by about 50 per cent of folks an' them kin turn on a dime. :rolleyes: :p

Thankless job but somebody gotta does it. Bless her heart, Mary be up t'th' tax! :p :rolleyes:

Bubba :)

Latest posts

Back