Cooker's Throwdown Friday III -- 5-7

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good progress for the week, Rhena!

As for Superbob, he tried to be a true superhero by first cooking pancakes and then after church taking the Moms to P.F. Chang's for lunch (followed of course by P.F. Chang's leftovers for dinner). :eek: Anyone ever gone to the website and read the caloric count of Chang's fare? -- do yourself a favor and don't! :eek: Suffice to say, that SB has dealt himself a serious setback on the RW&B roadrace and it's going to be harder than ever to catch the amazing Kentucky Flash! But anyway a good time was had by all, and the food sure was tasty!

And I hope all of you have had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Good progress for the week, Rhena!

As for Superbob, he tried to be a true superhero by first cooking pancakes and then after church taking the Moms to P.F. Chang's for lunch (followed of course by P.F. Chang's leftovers for dinner). :eek: Anyone ever gone to the website and read the caloric count of Chang's fare? -- do yourself a favor and don't! :eek: Suffice to say, that SB has dealt himself a serious setback on the RW&B roadrace and it's going to be harder than ever to catch the amazing Kentucky Flash! But anyway a good time was had by all, and the food sure was tasty!

And I hope all of you have had a wonderful Mother's Day!

P. F. Changs for you. Cracker Barrel for us. Can we somehow hit the reset button?

Yo-yo queen is on the downside of the yo-yo.
Last week: 158
This week: 156
Loss: 2 pounds

If you are the Queen,I guess I'm the Duchess:)
And the Duchess is up by 2 pounds this week...I must have found yours!

Congrats to all of those who lost and who are trying to lose- Dina

Superbob finally found a cranberry-orange scone in South Carolina. However, as he used his laser vision on it, he saw beads of sugar standing out on it -- kryptonite! So The Man of Steel passed up the scone and settled for black coffee. ;)

Today was Son of Superbob's birthday, so naturally we went to the biggest seafood buffet on the Grand Strand. SB tried to minimize damage by loading up on salad first, then eating a plate of snow crab legs without the butter. But then had to go back with a third plate and get at least some of the delicacies Sb loves, namely fried scallops and oysters. Did skip the dessert table, but had birthday cake and ice cream at home for the birthday boy.

Okay, SB needs some of the Chimp's magic potion...

Meanwhile SB has an echo coming up Friday. Maybe it was the seafood but had a sharp pain in middle of my chest on way home, and weak feeling in the arms. Lasting only 10-20 seconds or so. I so didn't want to mention it to my birthday-celebrating family! I am fine now; will ask the cardio about it. Will be interesting to see what they think they see on echo this time. Last fall, they thought they detected a 4.8 aneurysm, but my surgeon from '05 looked at all the film and said, no, it was the dacron graft used to replace my aortic root -- and everything is fine. I just hope everything IS fine.

Anyway, Lord willing and the Atlantic don't rise to tsunami levels, Superbob will start the new Cooker's throwdown thread tomorrow morning. Cheers....

Best wishes SB for your upcoming appointment. Prayers offered concerning that incident you had. Hope all is well.

I don't blame you for celebrating your Superson's birthday. I would have too! Actually, maybe I did when I had too much ice cream tonight!

Pass the magic potion.

You guys are the best! Thanks for your well wishes last night. Today SB and DW have a dental appointment -- routine cleaning I hope. Then the echo tomorrow. Last year I was joking about the hot blonde chick tech who does the echo. This year with all the talk about aneurysm -- real or not -- I am not joking about the hotness of the tech. (But of course I will enjoy the heat if it's there. :p )

Latest posts

Back