Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 1-27-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
I was disappointed when I weighed this morning because I was up from yesterday but I was a BAD monkey ... I had a sugar filled day and loved every taste but now it is back to business of healthy eating ... I’m still down two pound for the week so no complaints there ... I contribute my lapse in dietary judgment to a very high stress day ... my cardiologist said stress will kill you and he is right; I just never thought it would be via food ....:eek2:

Enough of my babbling ... How are you? How did your week go? How is the weight loss coming? How, How, how ... yes I’m nosey but only because I care .... Lets make this RTSPD the best ever with record weight loss!!!!

Oh, and it appears Duffey has thrown down the gauntlet... silly girl:tongue2:

2012 Race To St Paddy’s Day Start Weight: 226.5
Last Week: 221.0
This Week: 219.0
Race Stats: -7.5

Yeah! I love a good fight! Good job Silly Girl and Chimp. We'll wait until tomorrow for the Caped Gauntlet Decimator.

I'm in a land called stuck. I'm not worse off this week. I'm not better off. Actually, I better do something soon or I will be at Goodwill looking for stretchy pants to wear until I can become an overcomer of fat cell domination. Right now, I'm dominated. Hoping to become the fat-terminator. That's my status, ugly and truthful.

Was on chat today with The-Ref and boy is she talking smack ... says TheCimp will crash and burn ... LMAO .... I took my leave to finish my chores and then off on a 2 mile hike ... I tried to call her but she is not answering the phone ... me thinks she has realized the error of her boasting and is laying low:biggrin2:

Was on chat today with The-Ref and boy is she talking smack ... says TheCimp will crash and burn ... LMAO .... I took my leave to finish my chores and then off on a 2 mile hike ... I tried to call her but she is not answering the phone ... me thinks she has realized the error of her boasting and is laying low:biggrin2:

I could really frost your cookies and claim that I had gone to the gym,:wink2: but it's more mundane than an extra workout session. . . . I was in the garage using the wet vac on accumulated rainwater.:eek2:

As to your other allegations, no smack talk here. I'm going to stay right on your trail, waiting for you to "relapse" and binge on sugar. Then I will pass you in the race and collect our wager.:smile2:

Talking smack, huh? Expect that to escalate from Duffey now that Missouri is joining the SEC. Hmmmmm. Why is the SEC lowering its standards to do this anyway? :biggrin2::biggrin2:

I could really frost your cookies and claim that I had gone to the gym,:wink2: but it's more mundane than an extra workout session. . . . I was in the garage using the wet vac on accumulated rainwater.:eek2:

As to your other allegations, no smack talk here. I'm going to stay right on your trail, waiting for you to "relapse" and binge on sugar. Then I will pass you in the race and collect our wager.:smile2:

Yes ... wait away but you will be the one picking up the tab:tongue2:

The Man of Steel is down 1 pound for the week, 3 pounds for the RTSPD.

Looks as though he's currently behind The Chimp, Earline, and the Yo-Yo Queen -- not in line for a medal yet, but he's hanging around and might have to call on his superpowers to grab the gold.

Congrats to all Throwdowners. Hang in there, Kentucky Flash -- you'll be back in contention, too.

I'm up this week.

Start: 139.0
Goal: 134 for this throwdown, 129 by July 4 (pre-cruise)
Last week: 137.9
This week: 138.3

So much for ONE stinking restaurant meal on Sunday. I've been paying for it all week. Bah, Humbug.

We got RAIN this week! Now the main reservoir lake is only 9.5 feet low.
Jet's strained shoulder is healing slowly. We'll do some more retrieving this weekend, and hope she can work little tiny agiliy exercises next week.

Are you all telling me I'm gonna gain weight after my AVr?? Agggg.

Are you all telling me I'm gonna gain weight after my AVr?? Agggg.

I don't know about the others, but I have fought a lifelong battle with weight (actually it was an asset when I played football but not since). Anyway, I've tried many diets over the years, and long before my OHS. I try to use the Throwdown to motivate myself and change my lifestyle instead of going from one fad diet to another.

There is a tendency shortly after surgery to retain fluids and therefore you have to weigh daily to see if fluid retention is having an effect. The docs can administer meds to counter that. We are all beyond that now -- not dealing with weight gained from the surgery.

Personally, I found cardiac rehab to be especially helpful in getting me back to exercising and being weight conscious.

Wishing you all the best -- hope you will join us here.

I fear that if TheChimp is not careful he will fall prey to the same outcome as the tortoise and the hare ... I have celebrated my sprint forward a little too much and now I need to and will get back on track ... no way that smack talking tortoise (Duffey) is taking this hare, er, Chimp down:biggrin2:

Well I'm throwing in the towel until I can take my diet seriously, put on 3 pounds and have not tried to do the right thing for weeks now.
So until I can get my mind wrapped around heart healthy I will be taking a hiatus from this forum..
You can find me at KFC, damn hot wings ...

I'll check and on ya from time to time.

Brad

Well I'm throwing in the towel until I can take my diet seriously, put on 3 pounds and have not tried to do the right thing for weeks now.
So until I can get my mind wrapped around heart healthy I will be taking a hiatus from this forum..
You can find me at KFC, damn hot wings ...

I'll check and on ya from time to time.

Brad

Brad ... we all have gone days, weeks and even months without giving thought to diets or eating right ... don't give up ... we will be here when you are ready ... go back and read some of the older Throwdowns ... there were many times I gained and gained and gained ... it's ok ... it happens and we just start where we are when we are ready :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back