Cooker's Throwdown Friday ... 9-5-14

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
I have really been out of control this past week and have packed on the pounds.... I just can't believe it. Long story short I'm trying to get back on track and stay on it... or I might just buy some fatter clothes...

How are the rest of you doing? Better I hope!! Not posting weight any more for a while... I just can't bring myself to key in these numbers.....

you'll get back on track, Mr. Chimp -- you always do. You are our leader, our inspiration.

Superbob lost seven-tenths of a pound on his Weight Watcher's weigh-in for the week today. I'll take it! Week encompasses one pig-out at an amazing country buffet for the Missus and me after some catch-up dental work for both of us -- so, yes, I will take it!

Last edited:
I stayed the same as last week, but temptation will be rearing its ugly head in the near future so my goal is to stay the same the next two weeks and then work on weight loss afterwards.
Cooker, are you keeping track of what and how much you're eating? Maybe the problem is you're under estimating the calories consumed and over estimating your activity level? I know that I do the same all the time.
Superbob, glad to hear you had a loss. What did the cardiologist say about your recent bout of SOB?
Here's hoping we all have a good weight loss week while our energy and health levels rise!

Staying the same is good, especially in the case of your own sweet self, Duffey. : )

WOO HOO! Cardiologist finally was able to get a copy of the x-ray from the orthopedist that the ortho's office said showed possible "calcification of the aorta" (The Cardio said yesterday when I visited that a back x-ray, if indicating anything, would show an abdominal aneurysm -- gulp!) But after getting the x-ray (two months after it was taken at the ortho's office) she just called to say there was nothing at all to worry about. And my echo back in spring showed my Freestyle still stylin' nicely. She wasn't concerned about the one bout of SOB -- said the very humid conditions could have brought that on.

So Superbob will have to find other kinks in his armor, then share them with his TD buds after googling worst possible scenarios. LOL.. : )

Thanks Bob, but if I'm your inspiration you are in TROUBLE!!!! :p

Duffey, I have not over or underestimated anything ... I just have not given a ship what, when or how much I have eaten. :- /

Hey Cooker
I guess its none of my business, but (if I may ask) what do you do for diet? Is it just "low cal" stuff or do you have a broader strategy?

have you tried the 5-2 diet plan? I have a friend who puts on the pork fast and it works for him. I've never found lo-cal diets effective or something I could stick to (I like my food too much)

Superbob - thank goodness!! And good job with losing & you Duffey with maintaining.

The scale says I lost 7 pounds this week . .. that has never ever happened to me before . .did my arm fall off, and I not notice? I did eat well and exercise and do all my motivational exercises this week, but that gets me a max of 2 lbs lost normally. I guess eating all that salt and carbs on vacation really packed on the water weight, only explanation. I'm at 132. That also means I've lost 45 pounds from my 2011 peak of 177. So that feels good.

Cooker - don't give up! What's worked for you in the past? What do you think is holding you back? Motivation? I do have a book for health motivation that really helps me . You're here owning up so there's got to be some reasons you still want to lose weight. Maybe you need to reconnect with those.

I really do appreciate all the suggestions. I just lack commitment to weight loss at this time... I think I need to take baby steps and hope that a right choice here and a right choice there will net results....

Hi Cooker,

Dornole, is right, in that you are still here and owning it.

Sometimes in life weight and weight loss are not the most important things, sometimes we just want to 'live like everyone else' and that's alright too. (Not that you need anyones permission.)

Maybe right now, there is something more important, distracting ... to be doing. We are a lifetimes work, and I for one am not in a hurry to get that particular job done.

With best zipper wishes,

Red

I did not weigh this week. Last Friday we went to a fantastic Cuban restaurant, had a great meal and a couple drinks (I did not drive)...lime deliciousness, my fave flavor. That was my birthday celebration, one day early. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Happy belated, Wise. Good going Dornole!

I forgot to mention that I weighed about three pounds less today than Thursday. I'm not sure that I'll maintain it through the week, but we'll see. We had a busy week-end with the grandbaby and only ate two meals a day with no snacking in between. In addition, I seem to have caught some type of bug. Blood work today shows an elevated white count. I'm on an antibiotic for ten days. Since we leave for vacation on Friday, and I won't be checking in, I'm going to ask TDers to hold a good thought that the meds work and the alternative possibility is eliminated from consideration.

Last edited:
Hi, everyone!

Mr. Chimp - Don't beat yourself up over this. When you're ready to get back on track, all it will take is a small victory to get you back into the thick of things. Until then, live life like you mean it!

Everyone else - glad you're all still doing well. I'm not weighing in, but am watching my weight. It isn't moving. Usually during the summer, my increased activity level along with eating lighter meals, tends to help me shed some weight. This year, not so much. I'm holding just around the 160 mark. I'd really like to drop a couple of pounds so that when the inevitable happens (winter weight gain), I can still stay below the 160-line.

These last couple of cooler mornings are warning me that fall is coming. That means APPLES! We're going to our favorite "you-pick" apple orchard this weekend to get a bushel or two. Yum!

Latest posts

Back