Cooker's Throwdown Friday .... 4-10-15

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings Throwdowners, I hope this finds you well. I have dropped 8.5 pounds this week so I know there must have been fluid that needed to come off. DW and I also started Scarsdale on Monday so that has helped as well. I'm so happy to see Wise and Duffey back!!! Sometimes we just need a break and that's OK!!

How did you do this week? I love to hear how everyone is doing!!!

2015 Starting Weight: 243.50
Last Week's Weight: 242.00
This Week's Weight: 233.50

Good to read that you've lost weight this week, Cooker. I'm about the same, but I was able to get in the car yesterday and hopefully I will be able to drive today. I've given thought to Skeptic's plan but losing the starch is something that may be too hard for me. What does the Scarsdale diet consist of?

Great Cooker! Sounds like those 8.5 pounds needed to come off. I am the same too, that is I haven't weighed yet. Cindy's having a group of card fanatics over to play cards with her. I'm just going to socialize and snack a little. If I can stay awake until they leave is the question. I've been going to bed by 9:00 or before; by 8:00 I'm nodding off. Ha!

Scarsdale is similar to low carb, no?

Started out great, stress-ate for last couple of days, even for the week.

starting weight for reboot = 150 lbs
Today: 149

BUT my three huge grant projects all went out the door in the past three days . . . I feel good about the work and the prospects for helping a lot of people even if it destroyed my health. Now if I can just find balance and help people AND be healthy. : )

I expect to have a good week and get back into my exercise routine on Monday, after the taxes are done.

Glad you got back in balance Cooker. Best of luck with your new diet. Great to have a buddy.

In a nut shell Scarsdale for me is fruit salad and wheat toast for breakfast, big salad for lunch and a meat and veggies for dinner. No between meal snacking.

Just popping in here to check on my buddies and I see that Wise has come back to the flock. Yay !
I remain scrawny even after stress-eating most of the Easter choccies in the house. But I've got to behave and have just eaten raisins and cashews for a snack.
Stay strong y'all.

Bina;n855313 said:
Just popping in here to check on my buddies and I see that Wise has come back to the flock. Yay !
I remain scrawny even after stress-eating most of the Easter choccies in the house. But I've got to behave and have just eaten raisins and cashews for a snack.
Stay strong y'all.
Hi Bina! You stress eat too. I eat because I'm happy, sad, mad, excited, stressed, distressed, bored...etcetera forever.

Apparently, after the age of 50, one tends to gain weight.
I too have gained 3lbs and have to work hard to keep on or below 130lbs.
Some ppl are the exception to this rule (a.k.a Bina)
Cheers

Hi

Freddie;n855339 said:
Apparently, after the age of 50, one tends to gain weight.

I've had this problem with all my belts and trousers ... the waist is now too tight.

This change seemed to happen between 47 and 50

Latest posts

Back