Cooker's Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers on the way!!!

Prayers on the way!!!

Best wishes for the best outcome.

Paul

God speed, Cooker. You're in my prayers. Be sure to let us know what you find out ASAP. (((hugs)))

I've been on this site since mid-February or so, seems to me that there is a certain simian on here that is rather crotchity most of the time. Its my experience that the crotchity ones always find a way to stick around. So I fully expect Cooker to steamroll this procedure and be right back on his perch looking for the next bannana to fall his way. Hopefully he has a hat on with some sunscreen this time !

LOL......I don't think we got the scars the same way or in the same place.....:rolleyes::D
I dunno... I had my gall bladder and 4 large human pearls in it removed when I was 22. The staff at the hospital didn't put the tape on the incision until over 24 hours post op, it was too late to do any good then. If I hadn't been in the armed forces at the time I'm pretty sure I'd have sued the buggers. In its perverse way, though, the wide scar kind of prepared me for the keloids on my OHS scar. ... :p I don't want to even imagine what kind of scar could be keeping you out of your thong ...

good luck

good luck

good luck with the upcoming surgery!

be sure to include to adjust for the loss of skin for your next weigh-in.

i think the formula is: x(y-3)(z+7)/x-y(z+25)
x= your current weight
y= the weight of skin lost
z= the number of bananas eaten in the last 8 hours

*Tom, I will most definitely be prayin for you on Friday... for sure. I am just as sure you will be fine...we need you round here :cool:.

God Bless....(((((( HUGS ))))))

Good luck

Good luck

I've had six skin cancers removed and can still recall how freaked I was with the first one.

I now pay lots of attention to all the spots that seem to show up on a regular basis and have come to feel much less concerned when there is something suspicious because I've learned how treatable it is.

I'm glad that you're getting this taken care of and feel confident that it'll be quickly resolved.

The MOHS procedure that was mentioned above is what I've had done twice. The surgeon will remove a small area that they estimate is likely to capture most of the affected area. While you wait, they'll microscopically examine what they've removed to see whether they have 'clear margins'. Then they'll go back for a second pass to capture whatever problematic areas still remain. In both my cases a third pass was required - which is typical. The best part is that by the time they're done you can be certain that all the 'bad stuff' is gone.

I used to have great fear about melanoma because it can be so dangereous. But even that can be very treatable as it has been for John McCain. I recently learned that he has had 4 melanomas and is now considered 'cured'.

I'm sharing all the tales as a form of reassurance that may help ease the concerns you're probably having.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes and prayers?.The surgery took just over 30 minutes?Of course it will be a week before I get the all clear from the biopsy?.My secretary, who is young and sweet said the bandage made me look tough??:rolleyes::cool:

Delighted to hear the surgery is behind you (no pun intended as I dont know where you have THE BANDAGE hmm dont know how tough you would look if it were 'there') :cool:

Im sure the news will be all good. (((( HUGS ))))

I'm glad our fearless chimp is done with that part. I'll be praying for wonderful news from the biopsy reports! (((hugs)))

I just wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes and prayers?.The surgery took just over 30 minutes?Of course it will be a week before I get the all clear from the biopsy?.My secretary, who is young and sweet said the bandage made me look tough??:rolleyes::cool:

Ah yes, the young and the sweet -- makes it all worthwhile, eh? ;) Will keep praying all the results are good, Sir Cooker....

Gee - maybe that sweet nurse has a thing for apes.;):D;)

Glad to hear this part is over and praying for a good outcome from the biopsy.

Latest posts

Back