Cooker's Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Our dear friend, Cooker, will be having non-heart-related surgery done on Friday week, June 20. Appears there is some degree of skin cancer to deal with. He did not want this news posted for fear it would draw attention from the heart patients. But knowing how very many friends he has here, I got Mary the Ref after him to get his permission for me to post this, and he finally relented. I know that many of you will want to send him your best wishes and prayers.

Chances are very, very good all will be well. As I understand it, he had two biopsies done recently, and one came back "hot." The docs are about 95 percent sure it is basal cell but they couldn't pin down some cells so they want to rule out melanoma. The surgeon is hopeful of not having to excise a large place but will need to go deep enough to be certain of "getting it all" without having to go back in. Cooker will not have to come off warfarin, and he's happy about that.

There is every reason for optimism but as we of this community all know, when the word is surgery, we all have our concerns and worries until we get the all-clear.

Tom, you are a dear and cherished friend to many of us here. We value your words of wisdom and your compassion, so often couched in much-needed humor. Take care, know we will be with you, and please do keep us posted. Everything is ultimately heart-related, after all, in the sense that we wear our hearts on our sleeves.

Godspeed.

Bob! You spilled the beans!
I just know that our little chimp will be fine.
He has a very strong, positive outlook, and that crazy sense of humour to carry him along.
((hugs)) from Bino

I thought I was wrestling with an alligator rather than a chimp in an attempt to get Cooker to ok a thread asking for prayers and good vibes!:eek::eek: Whew!:eek:
Now you know why I'm headed for vacation . . . our fearless tree swinger has plumb worn me out!;);)

Best wishes and prayers are headed your way, Tom. And thanks for letting us do what we can to help.:)

Tom,

It's going to be a busy OR at the zoo because we will all be in there with you. Hope they don't take away too much of that wonderful fur.

Seriously - we love ya - Godspeed.

Tom,

Of course, our prayers and best wishes are with you regarding your surgery. We're expecting all to be well! We're so glad you decided to share. You've become like everyone's brother, or pet (depending on view). We are looking forward to good reports!!

Wise & Cindy

Good Luck Tom, I hope everything comes back 'clean'. You do know that you grow on people right? Good vibes and siber bananas on the way. :)

Mr. Cooker..

Might I suggest that you request the MOHS method of dealing with your basal cell tissues. I speak from experience and a 100% cure..:D

Website explaining the procedure is: http://www.mohssurgery.ca/ and also: http://www.mohscollege.org/about/

Not all dermatologists are qualified, so searching around might be required. You've got the 'best' kind of skin cancer to have -- if you consider the melanoma and squamous cell cancers vs the basal cell type. Also, basal cell carcinomas don't spread...so more good news for you.

Goodluck to you.......not a biggie.

I'm glad Cooker gave in and gave Bob and Mary permission to let everyone know. I've been concerned about this.
((((((hugs))))))) prayers and best wishes coming your way.

Please keep us informed, you are loved by all.

Cookie dear, you would have been punished very severely had you not allowed us to know of this and let you know that you are in our prayers. (And I'm not meaning "punishment" in any kind of good way! I know how your simean mind works!)

I know it will go just fine. You can't keep a good chimp down.

Cooker, I'm sure you'll be fine but I'm glad you consented to let us know so we can send our positive thoughts your way. We have plenty to spare for all the heart folks, too. Take my friend and best wishes for a successful outcome.

Cooker, you are one who is always here, cheering us on with words of encouragement...how dare you think that you weren't going to let us return the favor. I know that everything will turn out fine. Good luck to you on Friday.

Kim

Wishing you all the best, Tom. Hope they get it all and you never have to go under the knife again for this, or anything else.

Cooker,
I will have you in my thoughts and prayers. I've had skin cancer taken off also. You'll do fine just takes a while to heal and you with all that hair!!!
I'm glad you decided to let them post this, we would have wondered where you were???? You'll be up and swing through trees in no time...:D

Latest posts

Back