Cooker’s ThrowDown Friday III ... 2-26-2010

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eva - you are doing great! 5 Lbs! Doesn't it feel good?. Surely that motivates you to keep going. Thenthere is the other side like Duffey & Wise - who didn't deserve what they got and there is no explanation. All I know is that as frustrating as it is y'all have to stick with it. You will be rewarded double fold if you do. If you say what the heck and drown your sorrows in food - then all bets are off. Please hang in!

Thanks, Rhena. And I agree that we all should hang in!!

Eva,
I'm sorry that I missed your post earlier.
Good going, gal!

Not to worry, dear Mary.
I had times when I gained weighed after I did very well and it was frustrating. Next time, you weigh in, you will be happily surprised!

Anyway, I have lost 7 pounds in the Great Saint Paddy's Day race. Regards to all.

Well done, Superbob!

Hey we have some gainers and losers but we have activity and it seems folks are getting the hang of things ... I had a cake day yesterday :rolleyes: and heading to a big Sunday brunch today ... oh well. tomorrow is another day ...:D

Ugh, I keep having problems accessing THIS thread, the one that I read the most. Oh well, I'll live. I had the most delectable breakfast burrito at a local restaurant called Wild Eggs. It truly has great breakfast and brunch food. I so wanted to get the Stuffed French Toast, but got the yummy burrito and then I was what was stuffed. I only had a little popcorn tonight; I was still full.

The Sunday brunch was fabtabulous! ... I don't need to be exposed to unlimited delicacies ... no way I'm weighing this morning:eek: ...

Congrats to all that are losing and staying the course!!

Nekkid swim in the moonlight? :p

I wish!
It's a fitness facility that frowns on nekkidness.
Spoil sports.

Here it is.
poolatFitnessplus.gif

Last edited:
That's a very nice facility there Duffey. I wish I could swim. I can get across the pool, but it looks goofy to others. Same with bowling; I have to walk up to the line because I can't coordinate my steps and always end up with the wrong leg forward! Keep on swimming like a fish.

Last edited:
I'm going to join this thread one of these days, as I've gained back 10 pounds since my operation in July. I wish i could say it was water weight or even a heart problem, but I know it's the ice cream and cannolli's......When I was released from the hospital all I ate were the Healthy Choice meals, (and was doing really well). Then some complications ,and after 3 months I went back to work and back to my old habits. This week was my birthday and ate a lot of goodies.and had a few bourbens to celebrate..so next week I'm back on the the Healthy Choice Meals and I'll join this thread as soon as I don't feel too embarrassed by my weight........lol......I compliment all of you losers that stick to it.

Good to see you checking in Star54. No time like the present, so I hope you start now. And puhleez - you don't have to be embarassed about your weight!!! :p It'd be hard to find a group of more empathetic people when it comes to all things about weight - up, down, whatever... We are shameless. Some people choose to post all their numbers - but that is entirely optional and a personal choice. You don't have to share if you don't want to. All we are interested in is supporting you in your efforts and sharing your wins when you lose and feeling your frustration when you gain. So come join us and maybe we can help you stay on track! I don't know why, but it helps me a lot to be accountable to this crazy bunch! Maybe it will help you too. Certainly couldn't hurt! ;) BTW - Happy Belated Birthday !! We all overindulge on our birthday....(and other people's birthdays too!):D

Last edited:
Good to see you checking in Star54. No time like the present, so I hope you start now. And puhleez - you don't have to be embarassed about your weight!!! :p It'd be hard to find a group of more empathetic people when it comes to all things about weight - up, down, whatever... We are shameless. Some people choose to post all their numbers - but that is entirely optional and a personal choice. You don't have to share if you don't want to. All we are interested in is supporting you in your efforts and sharing your wins when you lose and feeling your frustration when you gain. So come join us and maybe we can help you stay on track! I don't know why, but it helps me a lot to be accountable to this crazy bunch! Maybe it will help you too. Certainly couldn't hurt! ;) BTW - Happy Belated Birthday !! We all overindulge on our birthday....(and other people's birthdays too!):D

I could not agree more! ... You are welcome to jump in at anytime, today would be a good day:) ... You don't have to post weight or anything you don't want to ... Many in the past have just posted gains or losses ... It's all about support and fun...:)

Whew! Superbob had a nightmare that an earthquake had knocked the Earth off its axis, speeded up time, and caused The Chimp to start the week's weigh-in today. :p And Superbob has to step on the doctor's scales tomorrow morning! Another day or two to work on the numbers.... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Zoo, Star! :D

Last edited:
Whew! Superbob had a nightmare that an earthquake had knocked the Earth off its axis, speeded up time, and caused The Chimp to start the week's weigh-in today. :p And Superbob has to step on the doctor's scales tomorrow morning! Another day or two to work on the numbers.... :rolleyes:

Hey, Star, glad to have you join the group.:)

Glad it was only a nightmare, SB.

The Duffmeister did have a tremor shake her geographical area yesterday afternoon. We take earthquakes pretty serious around here. Strongest one in recorded American history took place just down the road from us and caused the Mississippi River to run backwards and create Reelfoot Lake in TN. :eek:
While swimming this am, I gave some thought to the amount of exertion it would require to launch me out of the pool, and out of the building, in case the "big one" hit.;)
Let's all knock on wood and hope that no earthquakes are forthcoming; thereby leaving the Earth's rotation alone and my swimming undisturbed.

Thanks goodness for those extra days... I've had a hard week not bouncing back from my gain like I did last week - but there is still another good 24 hrs to try and sneak something in!

OMG as I'm writing this I'm hearing of an earthquake today in Taiwan. What the heck is going on?

The Duffmeister did have a tremor shake her geographical area yesterday afternoon. We take earthquakes pretty serious around here. Strongest one in recorded American history took place just down the road from us and caused the Mississippi River to run backwards and create Reelfoot Lake in TN. :eek:

Are you pulling my leg Duffey or is this for true?!:) With the eath shaking all over the place you'd better have an exit strategy from that pool. Could turn into a tsunami! You know we have a fault that runs right here through Austin - it's called Bush's Fault! :D (Just kidding. - popular joke around town.)

Was wondering why we hadn't heard from Betty lately, and rememberd she is off vacationing with hubby. What do you bet they're having some really good eats!

Happy Thursday all!

Latest posts

Back