Coming to US tomorrow!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allisoninoz

Well, nearly 13 months post-surgery and tomorrow morning my husband, 10yo daughter and I jump on a plane and head to the West Coast, visiting Disneyland, LA, SF, Yosemite, Vegas and Grand Canyon.
Now ... just how cold are SF and Yosemite at this time of year??? Were we silly to come now?
I'm not a fan of heat, but I don't want to be FREEZING either!
Whatever ... just glad to be well enough to travel and have fun :)
So, if you see a small blonde Australian woman (43) with a zipper scar, along with her bearded husband and very cute blond daughter ... say hi, because it might be me!

We have a big storm ( for us, but that bad) passing through the state right now, but it should be clearing out in the next few days. Just checked the extended forecasts for Yosemite, a bit stormy this weekend and cool (around 5-6 c for highs) then warmer next week. Southern California has rainy weather this weekend as well, but clearing and warming to around 22 c by middle of next week - that will be nice. In the San Fran/bay area, same rainy storm, though more showers than rain this weekend, clearing and warming to about 16 C next week. Overall, you're missing the bettter part of a big storm and getting pretty much average temps for this time from there on out. Vegas will be nice too, once the storm passes through this weekend.The coldest will be Yosemite, where you could see some light snow some days, but, it can make the valley even more spectacular to see and this time of year it shouldn't be too crowded as we are just getting into spring breaks for the schools kids.
All in all, a bit on the cool side, but not too bad and it's a wonderful time to see the area as everything is so green right now.

Have a safe trip.

Dan

Allison, I hope you have a wonderful trip. As for weather, I would bring a jacket. The Mariposa-Yosemite area is going to be chilly with below freezing temps on some nights and very cool afternoons with some snow still. Here is the best website for weather in the US. For the weather in Yosemite, use Mariposa, CA.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Mariposa&state=CA&site=HNX&textField1=37.485&textField2=-119.965&e=0

Don't let the prospect of some cold weather keep you away from Yosemite. If anything, it can be more beautiful in winter than in summer. When you breath in the air you will be glad you came.

For the weather in the Grand Canyon, use Supai, AZ or North Rim, AZ. As you will see, it is also still late winter there but, again, the air is more clear now than it will be in the summer and the snow makes for some incredibly striking views.

Like your own, our country is vast and experiences a great range of weather. Here in Oklahoma, our spring weather is almost one month early this year. The fruit trees and tulips are blossoming and now even the oaks are leafing out. Still, it is March so weather can be especially fickle. We live here in hope that there will not be a late freeze.

Larry

Please have a safe journey and welcome to California. I hope you packed lots of comfortable clothes, because you'll be doing a lot of standing in line at Disneyland. But you'll have a great time regardless.
SF is typically windy and chili, so hopefully you brought warm clothes too. If you didn't pack an umbrella, I'd recommend purchasing one. It's supposed to be wet this weekend.
The Grand Canyon area is going to be cold this time of year so prepare for that. And it looks like Yosemite is going to be wet but warm over the next week.
Please post some pic's once you return

Allison,

I've been down-under for work to the Canberra NASA Deep Space Tracking Station. I went during your winter (July), and it seemed to me that the weather was very similar to LA in the winter.

BTW, Feel free to join us if you want, tomorrow night at the Griffith Park Observatory in L.A. 7:00 pm PST. See the thread:

http://www.valvereplacement.org/foru...238#post517238

for details.

-Steve

Allisoninoz,

It is good to see that you are coming to the US. As you read by the other post we are having some weather coming through over the weekend. The weather people say it will pass and clear out next week and start to warm up. The park received a few inches over night but don’t be worried. Yosemite looks really good with a fresh snow fall and will make for a great experience. When you come, it will be cool though.

If you want, message me and will give you local information on Yosemite and the area to make your visit better. I live and work just outside the park.

Enjoy your visit. :)

Jim

ahwahnee_1-0736.jpg

Latest posts

Back