Christina G Winkelman 11/02/1946-12/15/2009

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so sorry to read this post. My prayers will go out to her family. How very, very sad.
Evelyn

This is very sad news indeed. My deepest sympathy is extended to her family and am keeping you close in thoughts and prayers.
This is such a loss.

Michelle spoke with Pam Parrish today.

There were apparently complications while Christina was in the hospital receiving IV antibiotics. Details are quite sketchy at this time. There will presumably be a service this Sunday of some fashion. Pam promised to provide Ross and I additional details when she knew more.

I will keep everyone posted with what I find out.

Our prayers are of course with Gordon and all of us who have loved and appreciated Christina for so many years.

Michelle spoke with Pam Parrish today.

There were apparently complications while Christina was in the hospital receiving IV antibiotics. Details are quite sketchy at this time. There will presumably be a service this Sunday of some fashion. Pam promised to provide Ross and I additional details when she knew more.

I will keep everyone posted with what I find out.

Our prayers are of course with Gordon and all of us who have loved and appreciated Christina for so many years.

Thanks Hank. I didn't want to post the sketchy details and provide speculations. Hope you all understand.

Gee, I can't believe this.....how sad..!
I remember chatting with Christina on many Sunday chat sessions..Always wanted to make sure which James she was talking to.

Peace be with you, VR sister......

God Rest Your Soul Christina, you were a angel on this board and now you have become a angel in heaven, watching over all of us! Many Many Prayers for your family.

Services for Christina

Services for Christina

I received the following information from Pam (AZPam):

"The memorial service is Sunday 20 Dec. at 2:00 pm. The address is Funeraria del Angel (Arizona Mortuary) at 7 East University Blvd. phone # 624-8685. The family requested that instead of flowers you send a memorial contribution to your own favorite charity."

Michelle and I will be attending the service to represent ValveReplacement.com's members who all loved Christina so much.

In Christina's honor, and I would like to make a contribution to the "Ronald McDonald House Charities" http://www.rmhc.org . This is a charity that I have been closely involved with over the past several months and they are a top notch organization helping so many families in so many places.

If you would like to join ValveReplacement.com in this contribution in Christina's Honor - please send donations via snailmail and/or PayPal to ValveReplacement.com - Christina Winkelman Fund.

PayPal Donations can be sent to [email protected].

Snail Mail donations can be sent to:
ValveReplacement.com
Christina Winkelman Fund
2833 E. Isabella Ave.
Mesa, AZ 85204

Thank you Pam for the information and please keep us up to date regarding anything at all we can do for Gordon or any of you doen in Southern AZ.

From Christina's facebook page, posted by daughter Danielle: "To all of Christina's FB contacts..my Motherm Christina, passed away suddenly Monday morning, Dec 14 after suffering a brain bleed brought on by a MSRA infection. We loved her very much and will miss her everyday." Much loved and much missed.

My condolences

My condolences

to Christina's family. I check in infrequently on VR.com these days and just hated to see this news. I met Christina also in Golden and she was a sweetheart. May she rest in peace.

Christina L

Christina will be missed - but loved forever.

Christina will be missed - but loved forever.

We were honored and humbled to attend Christina's Service in Tucson today..

It was nice to see so many family and friends there to pay tribute to such a wonderful person.

It is clear that Christina was loved by many and loved so many more. In many countries.

Her legacy will live on for many many years to come. and forever after that.

Here is a Picture of VR.com members that were all in attendance at the service..

Aye...still tough....

I dedicated Patty Loveless' "How Can I Help You Say Goodbye?" [see sig quote] to Christina (and Bob Waldmire, a Route 66 icon/legend, who died Wednesday, December 16) on my radio show Saturday night (Dec 19).

:(

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"My time here is over" ... Patty Loveless ... 'How Can I Help You Say Goodbye?'

i was so sorry and shocked to hear of christina's passing.
i did not expect this at all.
she was such a wonderful bright light. i remember when i first came on the site and she and i would send messages in dutch so that i could practice.
she will be sorely missed by all here; what a wonderful woman.
joey and i extend our deepest condolences to her entire family.
you are in our thoughts and prayers.
sylvia

Shortly after I joined vr the first time in '03 or so, Christina invited me to take a walk with her, then have lunch. I met Pam and Joanie. The three of them had lunch together on Tuesdays. They were the first VR lunch meetings. I was welcomed by this trio and always enjoyed lunch with them. This was when I was pre-valve surgery. Between vr.com and the lunch group, I felt as prepared as it is possible to be.

Gradually, the vr members' lunch grew to about 8-10-12? regulars attending. It was always Christina who organized and followed up every single week.

Christina had a gift of bringing people together.

She adored her family and often talked about her family members with love and pride. She was always solid and reliable and a loyal friend. She wasn't shy about saying "I love you". She did. She went out of her way to help people. She took excellent care in her personal exercise and diet regime - and it was quite a regime. I thought she'd be around long after I was gone.

My heart goes out to her family.

Latest posts

Back