Chest Pain across my whole chest?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to read that you're home with strict interim instructions until your surgery.

I reread your first post. Do you think the stair climbing set you off? Whatever things you may have been doing the day or evening before you woke up feeling so badly, those are some of the things you should probably be wary of. Take care. Literally.

Whoops - Sorry Bob, you were posting as I was.

Valerie, I'm really glad that you went and that you are home now. I echo what everyone else has said about taking it easy and, please, go back to the ER if you feel any symptoms again. Thankfully your surgery is not too far off but you really need to be very careful until then. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Nadine:)

Yeah my stupid butt took the kids to a circus in our town. I went through all the handicap entrances thinking that just walking flat would be okay. I had to walk up about three flights of stairs though to get to our seats.....so I am pretty sure that is what did it, and guess what I dont plan on doing that again! I have 17 steps at my house but I only have to go down and up them once, so it should be okay. Thanks for everyones thoughts!

Yeah my stupid butt took the kids to a circus in our town. I went through all the handicap entrances thinking that just walking flat would be okay. I had to walk up about three flights of stairs though to get to our seats.....so I am pretty sure that is what did it, and guess what I dont plan on doing that again! I have 17 steps at my house but I only have to go down and up them once, so it should be okay. Thanks for everyones thoughts!

A week before my 2nd cardio consult -- and ultimately 3 weeks pre-op -- I was feeling so poorly that I passed up going to my nephew's high school graduation in Dallas. Just didn't think I had enough energy to withstand a 45- to 60-minute drive to the facility and any stairs.
That was the same weekend I was to be in charge of a huge cat show in Fort Worth and teach a class on Friday. I quickly found people who could slide into place and assume my responsibilities. We had a formal cat awards banquet that Saturday night in Fort Worth; I was getting several very special awards, but I passed up the event, went home & went to bed early that night.
I just had virtually no energy.

Valerie, please take it easier. I would have been wiped out going to the circus like you did!!

Valerie, glad to see you are back home but you got the word....NO EXERTION. Now is the time to accept any help that is offered. There are so many wonderful people in this world who really enjoy helping so now is the time to make them feel good by allowing them to help where they can. Your surgery isn't that far off and you want to be in as good condition as possible.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Midge

Glad you got things checked out. Thank Bill for the update telling us you were admitted. Listen to Nancy, and take it easy! All the best, Brian

I had to walk (bill) my husband through the whole forum process. So when I go in for surgery i will just have him start a new thread telilng how I am doing, cause he was a little confused, but I wanted to let everyone know.

I'm just seeing this as well. Glad you're ok! I definitely agree with "No EXERTION". Now is the time to take it easy. Keep us updated!

I had to walk up about three flights of stairs though to get to our seats.....so I am pretty sure that is what did it
I must have missed this too- haven't been on as much lately. I can really
relate to the stairs..I feel like I am going up a mountain,and when I make
it to the top ..hoist my flag:eek:
Happy to hear your surgery is close,best wishes- Dina

Hi Bill,

Thanks for posting. We are all hoping that Valarie is alright. Please let us know something, when you can. Saying a prayer.

Valerie,

So happy that you went to the ER! It's a good thing that your surgery is scheduled soon! Your're in my prayers.

Valerie,
Prayers and wishes coming your way. Take it really easy, this would be the time to ask for help until your surgery. Listen to your body.
Keep us posted...........

Latest posts

Back