Chest Pain across my whole chest?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to hear that she was admitted to the hospital. Hope everything is looking better today. Please keep us posted when you have time.

Kim

Glad Valerie is getting the pain checked out.

It may be nothing, but again, it might be something. You just don't play around with chest pain. Plus, women experience different symptoms with heart attacks than men, so it's best to rule out a heart attack.

Okay guys...Thanks everyone for your prayers!

I am home after a overnight stay in COU and the ER visit. They did labs, chest xray, etc. My blood pressure was rather low so that is why they admitted me. 76/42 to be exact

They said the chest pain was because of my severe aortic stenosis and I was admitted as
Critical Aortic Stenosis.

They let me come home on No Exertion requirements since I live literally 5 mins from my hospital.

I will still have the scheduled surgery on 11/13 and I go for another chest xray and labs this thursday 10/29.

Thanks again everyone for pushing my butt to go!

Glad to know that you are home Valerie but between now & 11/13, you are going to have to take it extremely easy!

Good luck with your tests this week & please keep us posted.

Take care!

Valerie, I'm glad you went. Take care and do observe the no exertion instruction. If it returns and especially worsens, then don't ignore it. Your surgery may be able to be moved up if necessary.

Sure glad you had that checked out Valerie! Better safe the sorry later. You better try to get some needed rest and take it easy for awhile. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for your up coming surgery, Keep us posted on how your doing. Take care!! :)

Valerie, you did the right thing. If it happens again or gets worse - go back to ER again. Your life is more important than the insurance/assistance and the rest of it.

I'm glad you got checked out. Sometimes that is a comfort - just to know what your body is trying to tell you.

Please do as others here have said - take it slow. No exertion. Thankfully, you have a surgery date, so it's good to have that to focus on. Surgery is scary for all of us, but knowing there is an end to the symptoms and weird things our body can put us through in the meantim - well, personally, I prefer knowing there is an end to that.

Take good care and keep posting to let us know how you are doing, ok?
Kev

I am praying for Valerie also! Women feel heart pain differently from men. Gotta get chest pain checked! (I saw my mother-in-law die because she did not take chest pain seriously, walked to the bus stop, went to her internist, generally took her time and, once she was admitted to a hospital, she died in 2 hours. What a shocker!)

I'm glad that you went, too.

Bending down is exertion, especially in heart cases. That especially means when you pick things up off the floor. Please don't do housecleaning between now and your OHS.

Best wishes,

Latest posts

Back