Busted Collarbone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom F.

I tripped, fell, and fractured my right collarbone friday. You know what? This hurts 100 times worse than anything I felt after my OHS. OUCH!

Man I thought I broke mine once and I know it hurt 100 times worse then anything I ever felt, but it wasn't broken. That's just a nice tender area to inflict some real pain, break or not.

How do they treat something like that?

I broke mine a long time ago and it wasn't pleasent. Did you get one of those awesome cross your heart strap things. What a pain in the butt. I broke mine and a week later I slipped on some ice and rebroke it.

A broken Collar Bone is NO FUN !

Did you get a (figure 8) Brace?

I think the most difficult part of the (way too long) recovery is finding a comfortable Sleep Position.

I'm thinking the usual Heart Patient solution of sleeping in a recliner may be a good option, or a body pillow and sleeping at a 45 degree angle supported by the long pillow.

Good Luck!

Thanks folks. All they did was put me in a normal sling, not the figure 8 which they no longer use. And some pain pills. And yea sleeping is a challenge. ugh.....

Yikes, Tom ... sorry this happened to you.

Hope you feel better soon!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I walk alone" ... GreenDay ... 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'

Latest posts

Back