Bp through the roof!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwhitney

My blood pressure has decided to go through the roof in spite of treatment with multiple meds. Does any one have a suggestion ?I'm averaging 200/ 110 on a daily basis .I am considering taking A stick with me to my next appointment and cracking my doc over the head as I tell him my BP numbers:mad:

Lettitia

Relieving tension sounds like a wonderful idea! I've been struggling with high blood pressure too, trying to avoid medication. I've been trying to cut out all salt, but it has a minimal effect. I would like to know the magic bullet too.

I hope your doc. appt. is very soon!

Are you exercising and watching your sodium intake? Both lower BP.

Thyroid and kidney function normal? Both affect BP. You should have a full check up.

How is your sleeping? Were you ever tested for sleep apnea? This can cause high BP too...

There are some breathing exercises which can help lower BP. Shallow breathing is not good. Anything relaxing will be benefitial...

I hope you get this under control soon!

I'm on low sodium diet ,thyroid and kidney function is normal but, exercise is minimal since my stroke in 2003. My exercise is walking to bathroom 5-6 times a day with my walker. Walking is getting harder everyday because of the contracture from the stroke. Thanks guys my bp control will have to be all medication.

Lettitia

Lettitia, I thought bp over 200 was EXTREMELY SERIOUS; Please call your doctor ASAP! And keep us posted. Take care.

Sorry to hear this Letticia,
This is way too high. You need some sort of medical intervention! I kid around alot on this site, but I'm not right now! My father was 200/100 when he had his brain aneurysm. If there is a major hospital in your area, consider going to someone on staff there if you feel your current doc isn't...pick one (helping, encouraging, up to snuff). Time's a wastin'.

I just found this, Letitia. I hope you have seen your doctor by now. Surely there's something out there to lower your bp quickly. We want you to be as healthy as you can be. Lots of love and hugs. Blessins..........

Lettitia, you've not posted anything for almost a week and I hope this means you went to the ER and they are now treating your BP problem. Last week, my Mother went to her Doctor's Office where they found her BP was 200/110; they immediately transferred her to the nearest hospital. I do hope your Doctors really investigate your problem. Pegasus asked about your sleeping and suggested the possibility of Sleep Apnea. As someone who has been treated for this for the past 10 years, I can say that it makes treating BP very difficulty until the sleep disorder is dealt with. While Sleep Apnea is a disorder most common in men before the age of 50, the numbers of women who experience it rise to match those of men as we age. The primary symptoms are

1. Waking in the morning feeling tired and unrested.
2. Waking in the night needing to urinate.
3. Falling asleep during the day time when you pause for while doing anything.
4. Waking suddenly feeling as though you cannot breath or from violent leg jerks.

This is one problem that can be very successfully treated without drugs or surgery and if you would like to know more, please send me a private note and I'll will answer your questions based on my own experience and knowledge.

Larry

Back