Alerion update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heidi,Tell David everyone wishes him well.Every day now things should get easier for him.He'll be home in a few days.Tell him to keep up the walking!!!

Oh, sorry to hear about that little bump, but otherwise great news! 2 and 1/2 hours is wonderful. Wishing David a speedy recovery!

Moring update

Moring update

Good Morning everyone,

Well I called the hospital at 4:30am and Ruby (David's nurse) said he had just gone for a walk and was feeling a little better. He was in his recliner which she said made more comfortable. I will send another update later after I have visited for the day. A chest x-ray was supposed to be done around 6:00 this morning to determine if they could take the chest tube out (not the lung tube) so if they took it out he will feel even better.

Love,
Heidi

Thursday night , good Day

Thursday night , good Day

Hey Everyone,

David had a great day. They removed all tubes and he is much more comfortable. He went for 4 walks today, did physical therapy and only had limited pain medication. His spirit is good and he is looking to coming home. His doctor says that if he continues like this he will be able to come home Saturday. That will be a very good Valentine's present. I was able to leave the hospital early tonight because he is much more at ease and is feeling good,. so I am hoping to get a good night's sleep. I will be going to the hospital at 9:30 tomorrow and spending the day with him, when I get home at around 8:30pm I will send another email update, hopefully I will be telling everyone he is coming home.

Love,
Heidi

Great news. Sleep well tonight- your real work will start when he arrives home- soon, I hope!

Message from DAVID

Message from DAVID

Hi lyn
emailing on my phone
so short version - I had a collapsed lung otherise all went well.
kicked my ASS! thx for all your help and support
I'll write more when I get a keyboard!
my Health is great now and I'm fat and happy . luv 2 the forum

David

YEAH! Just got this from Heidi

DAVID IS HOME!!!

David was released today and we got home around 3:00. He is resting so please hold all phone calls maybe until tomorrow or Sunday. He needs as much rest as possible. Talking on the phone gets him winded and tires him out. Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers they must have worked because he came home 3 days after surgery. We have a visiting nurse coming in tomorrow and for at least a week if not more to keep an eye on things.

Thanks again for all the positive thoughts.
Love,
Heidi

Oh, Happy Day

Oh, Happy Day

So glad to know that David is home and that he will not only get loving care from his family, he will have a nurse to check on things.

David, better days are here!

Regards and best wishes,
Blanche

Wow Dave!
Three days even with a collapsed lung, is that a record?
Mikeb

David,

Way to go! So glad to hear that your home and doing well. Take it slow and steady and know that you've got a whole bunch of friends here who are wishing a speedy recovery. Valentine's Day will never be sweeter! Enjoy your first full day home.

Jane

3 days ... wow!!! I hate to ask but is that a great recovery ... or perhaps cheap hospital and insurance?

3 days ... wow!!! I hate to ask but is that a great recovery ... or perhaps cheap hospital and insurance?

My guess is good recovery. I know he walked alot post op, so that might have helped speed the process. When Justin had his last surgery, he had surgery on a tues and was home on Friday too.

Latest posts

Back