Alcohol

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccummins

Just wondering when others started to drink alcohol again. 3-1/2 weeks post-op and I have been off pain meds for over a week. However, I am still reluctant to have a drink.

I had 2 beers 4 weeks out but that is as far as I have gone with it

Mikeb

taste

taste

the private hospital i went to in auckland offers a 375 ml bottle of wine to patients everyday. i had a bottle the night before my operation and the day after, no problems. anyway, i had a bottle everyday while in hospital, ok the taste was not so good but i did not want to ruin my reputation! my taste was restored approx 2weeks post op.

2 to 3 standard drinks per day will not do you any harm; it is important for us to be happy but avoid heavy drinking sessions, they are not good for warfarin takers, or anyone else for that matter.

Just wondering when others started to drink alcohol again. 3-1/2 weeks post-op and I have been off pain meds for over a week. However, I am still reluctant to have a drink.

I was prescribed a daily beer while in the hospital post-op.:cool: Seems it helps the body get rid of fluids.

Pretty much everything and anything is ok.......in moderation:p.

the private hospital i went to in auckland offers a 375 ml bottle of wine to patients everyday. i had a bottle the night before my operation and the day after, no problems. anyway, i had a bottle everyday while in hospital, ok the taste was not so good but i did not want to ruin my reputation! my taste was restored approx 2weeks post op.

2 to 3 standard drinks per day will not do you any harm; it is important for us to be happy but avoid heavy drinking sessions, they are not good for warfarin takers, or anyone else for that matter.

How can I move to Auckland?? Love it!

Postop I figured it would be a good idea to wait until my arrhythmias had subsided before having a little nip.
WELL, it's been over 3 years, my arrhythmias still persist and I have yet to savour that little drinkie. BOO HOO.....
Thankfully, I have indulged in Freddie's famous Bailey's fudge. :)

About 6 weeks after surgery, I asked my cardiologist when if ever, could I have a beer again. I was afraid to ask sooner because of the problems trying to stabliize my INR. He told me " You can have a beer anytime you want. Go ahead, it will be good for your." Just what I wanted to hear :D:D:D.

Karl

I must be boring cus i've never liked the taste of any alcohol
and i'd likely be a cheep taster but i feel i'm missing out even
they say wines good for the heart too.I hate wine too
is there any way to learn to like this stuff? besides not liking it?
Force it down:eek:Feel like i'm missing something:(

zipper2 (DEB)

Wow! That's incredible. If I didn't see that you are from New Zealand and were in an Auckland hospital, I would think you were in France.:)

I can't drink alcohol because with all the meds I'm on (actually two) I get drunk fast. Ask your doc.

If you ask my friend Stace, she'll tell you that I do some pretty weird things when I'm done for. I don't normally drink for that reason. Last year when we were together I put an (unused!) maxi pad on her car window and drunk dialed one of our friends, inviting her to Disneyland. She still laughs about it.

Latest posts

Back