Abe Lincoln and the Ground Hog Lied

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you thought of getting a prescription for a baseball bat? But you need someone else to administer it. Or there's the OTC Brick Wall. You can "take" that yourself, but you have to be able to run fast enough into the wall for it to work well - otherwise you just get a headache. Both remedies have side-effects however.

If you like I could send you some "Dr Tom's Sleep Aid" it is guaranteed to do the trick:cool: ;)

Caution: Illegal In Most States

Tom:D :cool: :D

For a full list of products call (800)321-0123 MasterCard and Visa accepted

Ross said:
Here I sit at 2:12a.m. with my new prescription of Rozerem for insomnia wide awake. Does anything work?

http://media.rozerem.com/PROD/ContentDelivery/CDN12/RozeremTVspot.wmv

Funny youy mention that, last night at 3am, I was thinking my new med temazepam was pretty useless too. before that I found out Sonata didn't help. Well Sonata worked for about 3 days, and then after that not too good, but IF I feel aslleep w/ Sonata, I did notice I didn't wake up as much. But still not good enough to justify a 50 dollar COPAY,
Maybe if we can find something that works for us THAT would be the perfect commercial, I can see it now, THIS even knocks out ross and Lyn (not wife Lyn lol)

If you ever find anything, let me know. I think I've now tried it all and all have failed.

Ross said:
If you ever find anything, let me know. I think I've now tried it all and all have failed.

I don't know if you've tried or are interested in trying "natural' things,and not sure if they would be ok w/ other meds you take, I go to a pain management doc monthly and he is the one in charge of my meds but I've also been taking melatonin in addition to whatver else i take, it helped for a while, and is cheap so never quit taking it when I noticed it didn't seem to help as much anymore because it may have been helping a little. Anyway the other day my pain doc recomended a supplement instead of the meltonin "Dreamz" which is a combo of meletonin, chamomile ect which seems to made me feel a little drowsy, I tried that the night before the new med so if something worked i would know which it was. Maybe you could check that out.
Not sleeping is awful, one good thing is digatal clocks so you don't have to hear each min tick by that you missed sleep. lyn

Yes I've tried Melatonin and Chamomile, even Valerian. I mean to tell you I've tried everything. Lunesta, Ambien, Xanax, Ativan, Rozerem, temazepam. Nothing has worked. I'm losing it out it here.

Ross said:
Yes I've tried Melatonin and Chamomile, even Valerian. I mean to tell you I've tried everything. Lunesta, Ambien, Xanax, Ativan, Rozerem, temazepam. Nothing has worked. I'm losing it out it here.

Ross, I think there are two different formulas of Unisom. The tablets made with the ingredient Doxylamine succinate really work great for Tom and me. They are called Unisom SleepTabs. If you haven't tried them it is worth a shot.

Ross, hon, just give it up. I have been trying to find something for about 20 years and there just isn't anything out there (meant for just sleep that is).;) :D ;) One of the things that I "like" about my episodes of pericarditis is that I get percocet and that always makes me sleepy. However, that just isn't an option for "mere" sleeping problems.

I maybe manage a couple of hours of good sleep each night and have pretty much learned to deal with it. Unfortunately it is tough when those couple of hours happen early in the morning (like 5AM-7Am) because it really messes up my attempts at going to work.

I wonder if chronic insomnia is a valid disability from a SSA viewpoint? Maybe I can stop hassling with getting to work on time.;) :D ;) :rolleyes:

bvdr said:
Ross, I think there are two different formulas of Unisom. The tablets made with the ingredient Doxylamine succinate really work great for Tom and me. They are called Unisom SleepTabs. If you haven't tried them it is worth a shot.
I knew I forgot one, tried these too. Two doses at once even.

geebee said:
Ross, hon, just give it up. I have been trying to find something for about 20 years and there just isn't anything out there (meant for just sleep that is).;) :D ;) One of the things that I "like" about my episodes of pericarditis is that I get percocet and that always makes me sleepy. However, that just isn't an option for "mere" sleeping problems.

I maybe manage a couple of hours of good sleep each night and have pretty much learned to deal with it. Unfortunately it is tough when those couple of hours happen early in the morning (like 5AM-7Am) because it really messes up my attempts at going to work.

I wonder if chronic insomnia is a valid disability from a SSA viewpoint? Maybe I can stop hassling with getting to work on time.;) :D ;) :rolleyes:

I already take quite a few pain meds, so you'd think that would help.
I think you should try it (SSA) maybe just the filling out pags and pages of forms would be so boring yo would fall asleep lol

Lynlw said:
I already take quite a few pain meds, so you'd think that would help.
I think you should try it (SSA) maybe just the filling out pags and pages of forms would be so boring yo would fall asleep lol
Hey - Lyn - you just might have a good idea there (boring causing sleeping).;) :D :D

Ross,

I recently got a prescription for Rozerem, too, lured by the ads saying it was safe for long-term use, blah blah blah. "Honest" Abe and the Rodent.

Results for me: WIDE awake at night but it makes me terribly drowsy the next afternoon -- when I don't want to be sleepy because I might be driving a car or trying to do some work.

Outcome: I'm back on Temazepam 15mg, which does work fairly well for me. It's scary because it's not supposed to be for long-term use and I've used it off and on for two years now. But the doctors don't seem to mind. So whatever works....Tema didn't work for you at all?

RobHol said:
Ross,

I recently got a prescription for Rozerem, too, lured by the ads saying it was safe for long-term use, blah blah blah. "Honest" Abe and the Rodent.

Results for me: WIDE awake at night but it makes me terribly drowsy the next afternoon -- when I don't want to be sleepy because I might be driving a car or trying to do some work.

Outcome: I'm back on Temazepam 15mg, which does work fairly well for me. It's scary because it's not supposed to be for long-term use and I've used it off and on for two years now. But the doctors don't seem to mind. So whatever works....Tema didn't work for you at all?
Mine wouldn't prescribe anymore fearing addiction. It worked for about the first 3 or 4 hours, then I was wide awake. Now, no matter what, I'm awake period.

Ross -

Ross -

Have you tried Benadryl? I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the other posts.

Or Excedrin PM is another one but Benadryl is pretty harmless (I think) - I ended up with sleep apnea after my surgery and I had been taking one Benadryl a night since surgery - read that some sleep medications can cause or exacerbate sleep apnea - causing the respiration drive to diminish.

However, I think you need any kind of sleep right now and sleep apnea is the least of your worries!

AND you know I have told you to stay off the computer when you can't sleep - that only wires you more!! Read something calming - look at a picture book. Another thing is relaxation tapes.

Here's hoping you get your zzzz's soon.

Christina L

RobHol said:
Ross,

That's the one I took at 10 pm last night same dosage and fell asleep around 3:30 ish

Ross said:
Mine wouldn't prescribe anymore fearing addiction. It worked for about the first 3 or 4 hours, then I was wide awake. Now, no matter what, I'm awake period.

Ross, I'm curious, have you ever been one of those lucky people that know how to "relax"? I never have been able to, either my mind goes a million miles a min, or I'm uncouncious, no happy medium. I tried taking Yoga a few years ago, hoping that would teach me how to relax, but with my back not bending well that was a disaster. I could probably find a different yogo for pepe with bad backs, but i tend to give up on something and move onto the next thing,

Latest posts

Back