A Sad Day For Bina and Dave

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bina

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
Today I lost my best friend......I'm talking about my sweet old chocolate Labrador, Cleo. Formally known as Josabry Cleo Sam.

She was 14 yrs and 3 months of age, but we didn't tell her that, she really considered herself to still be a puppy.

We had gotten Cleo in February 1996 from the Animals in Distress rescue group. She was a real live wire and her divorcing owners were having a hard time to place her with a suitable home.
I agreed to take her on a trial basis.....when Dave would ask me when she was leaving, I would tell him, "just a little longer".

But Dave was smitten. Who could resist those big dark eyes, and the cute little bum that wiggled and wiggled until she almost fell down.

We could not have asked for anything more from a dog. She was sweet, trusting and accepting of everyone and everything, right up until the end.

Yesterday morning she could no longer get up but she remained clean in the house and waited until Dave carried her outside several times during the day for her business. Cleo graciously swallowed the painkillers that I hid in small pieces of food.

When the vet arrived at our house today Cleo stretched her head around and greeted the vet just the same way she would greet anyone who entered our home.
I know that Cleo was trying to smile, and the tail gave a little thump on the floor. Within minutes my best friend was gone......hopefully in a good place where only the very BEST dogs go.

I can't write anymore. It hurts too much.
Rest in peace Cleo, I love you, see you soon!

Love Mommy and Daddy
(A big hug from your farm animal friends too.)

picture.php

Oh Bina, I am soooo sorry for your loss! I know how sad you must feel right now, but it will get better. But for now the pain is great and you just need to remind yourself that she's no longer suffering and neither are you by watching her struggle.

Rest easy my friend.
:(

Bina,
I'm so sorry to hear about Cleo. From the picture and your description I can tell that she was a sweet girl and that she will be missed. May you keep her memory in your heart.
Take care,
John

Oh Bina, I am so very sorry to read of your and Dave's heart-breaking loss. I don't have any words adequate to express myself -- all dogs are special but I know how totally sweet the labs are. Cleo was surely such a joy to you, and of course you will have the happy memories. But I know it hurts terribly now. I don't think I can write any more right now either. Just wish you the best as you deal with this loss.

Bina, I'm so sorry. Cleo certainly was blessed in such a loving family. Our prayers are being offered for your comfort.

Wise & Cindy

So sorry to hear your news

So sorry to hear your news

Oh Bina...
I was so sad to read your news and the loss of "your best friend". Thinking of you and sending hugs your way,

So sorry for your loss, Bina. Labs are such sweet, lovable dogs and I know how much you will miss her.

We are very sorry for your loss

We are very sorry for your loss

My dear Bina:

We have lost many companion animals and each was special and dear. Perhaps some of the 10 or so companion animals who have left us will be hanging around the Rainbow Bridge to welcome your sweet friend, Cleo. The following poem is for you and yours. We are so sorry for your loss.

LEND ME A DOG

I will lend a dog to you
For a while, God said.
For you to love her while she lives
and mourn her when she's gone.

Maybe for twelve or fourteen years,
or maybe two or three.
But, will you, till I call her back
Take care of her for me?

She'll bring her charms to gladden you:
And shoul her stay be brief,
You'll always have her memories
As solace for your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay,
Since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught below
I want this dog to learn.

I have looked the whole world over
In search of teachers true.
And from the folk that crowd life's land,
I have chosen you.

Now will you give her all your love,
Nor think the labor vain
Nor hare me when I come to take
My dog back again?

We'll shelter with tenderness,
We'll love her while we may.
And for the happiness we've known,
Forever grateful stay.

But should you call her back
sooner than we'd planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes,
and try to understand......

(Author unknown).

With the kindest regards,

Blanche

Hugs and prayers for you Bina. She was a wonderful dog and I know you were a wonderful family for her. She's running around like a pup again.

I'm so sorry to hear about Cleo! I'm happy that you were able to be there with her when she died, though.

I was searching the web for this really great poem I wanted to post (and didn't find) and I found the following, which I think is pretty cool.

--------------------------------------

A man and his dog were walking along a road.

The man was enjoying the scenery when it suddenly occurred to him
that he was dead. He remembered dying, and he remembered that his dog had been dead for years before that. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a beautiful sparkling marble wall. In the middle of the wall was a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. In the archway was a magnificent gate that looked like it was made of mother-of-pearl. The street inside the gate shone like pure gold.

The traveler and his dog walked toward the gate, and as they got closer, they saw a man at a desk just inside it. When they were close enough,
the traveler called out, "Excuse me! Where are we?"

"This is heaven, sir," answered the man.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" asked the traveler.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water sent right up."
The man gestured and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend come in too?" asked the traveler, gesturing toward his dog.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The traveler thought for a moment, and then turned away and walked on, past the beautiful marble wall.

After another long while, at the top of a long hill, they came to a dirt road which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed.

As they approached the gate, the traveler saw a man leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the reader. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there," said the man, pointing off to the side. "Come on in."

"How about my friend here?" Asked the traveler, gesturing toward his dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump," said the man.

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the bowl and took a long drink, then gave some to the dog.

When they were full, the traveler and the dog walked back to the man by the tree.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is heaven," was the answer.

"Well, that's confusing," said the traveler. "I was just at a place called heaven."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and the pearly gates?
Nope, that's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?" asked the traveler

"Nope, not at all," said the man, "I can see how you might think so, but actually, we're happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind."

Author Unknown

Oh my,Bina. I am truly sorry. It seems that they know what is going on
way before we do and they try to spare our feelings as much as they can.
Almost as if they understand that we won't handle it well.
Sometimes it seems as if our pets know, more keenly than any human can,
how much they are loved.
Dina

I am so sorry for your loss, they are so very special to us. God Bless!
You gave her a home! you loved her, this was her prayer to you!

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no
heart in all the world is more grateful
for kindness than the loving heart of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick,
for though I should lick your hand between the
blows, your patience and understanding will
more quickly teach me the things you would
have me do.
Speak to me often, for your voice is the
world's sweetest music, as you must know by
the fierce wagging of my tail when your
footstep falls upon my waiting ear.
When it is cold and wet, please take me
inside, for I am now a domesticated animal,
no longer used to bitter elements.
And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of
sitting at your feet beside the hearth.
Though had you no home, I would rather
follow you through ice and snow than rest
upon the softest pillow in the warmest home
in all the land, for you are my god and I am
your devoted worshiper.
Keep my pan filled with fresh water,
for although I should not reproach you were it dry,
I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.
Feed me clean food, that I may stay well,
to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk
by your side, and stand ready, willing and
able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.
And, beloved master, should the great Master
see fit to deprive me of my health or sight,
do not turn me away from you. Rather,
hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands
grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest -
and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew,
my fate was ever safest in
your hands.

Dear Bina,

I feel so bad and sad at your sadness and the pain you feel. May the memories of Cleo being surrounded with your love and Dave's bring a smile on your face. It hurts now, but remember that Cleo was grateful and happy for the loving home you provided to her.

Hugs, Eva

Latest posts

Back