A-Fib, need adivce for our Lorraine.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Lorraine,

You are welcome, and yes, I agree. Steve and I are scheduled to meet for lunch, Wednesday, April 4, ~11:30a in the Schaumburg area. Others are MORE than welcome to join us, too. It's going to be a meet'n'greet, brainstorming type gathering ... brainstorming for job ideas for me.

I'm ALSO thinking of putting together a "brainstorming/networking" group to meet sometime in late April ... brainstorming/networking for jobs, etc. But, that group would be across ALL of my boards/groups, etc. ... EVERYONE welcome. I had promised Steve (during our phone conversation) that I'd post about that possibility the next time I visit VR. Well, that's not going to happen, because I don't have the post or idea completely ready. I HOPE to have it ready by next week. :)

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
* rNw-CC+event: http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=whatsgoingon *
"Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy" __ Eagles __ 'Take It Easy'

I hope you are doing better too, my friend. Wish I could join you next Wed, but I'll be working. Tell Steve HI!

Okay! Okay! You know I didn't mean it that way! Of course you didn't or you wouldn't be grinning and hiding! lol! I could say Hi! myself! But not in person. :) So HI! One of these days we'll get together again for lunch or brunch. I just can't do weekedays unless I'm off for a doctors appt. Hugs!!!!

One of these days we'll get together again for lunch or brunch. I just can't do weekedays unless I'm off for a doctors appt. Hugs!!!!

Understood, Lorraine ... NO worries! But, yes, one of these days we need to gather for brunch...or lunch. Steve and I postponed our lunch since we (Dad, Mom and I) had my Nephew Monday night through tomorrow (Thursday) morning. What is next Friday (April 13!) looking like for you, Steve?

And, Lorraine ... I'll be watching tomorrow's home opener!!!!!!

OHHH...and...NEXT time I visit (not tonight), I'll have the post ready about the "new" Networking and Brainstorming group. Watch for it. ;)

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *
"Swinging for the bleachers in the 9th inning" __ Michael Martin Murphy __ 'Still Taking Chances'

I had an issue with it and did the Amioderone train for 3 months; finally I requested to get off the stuff (cardiac chemo). I heard of a trial using 4000mg of fish oil, specifically Lovasa daily, 2000 in the am and 2000 in the pm. I have had no a fib issues for the last 18 months. I don't know if the fish oil made the difference, but it seemed to help.

My family has learned to ALWAYS second guess the doctors. Just this morning we found out my 8 year old daughter has been getting overdosed 4x for 3 days from her ENT doctor; not only was she taking way to much, it was a medicine that could kill her at the right dosage and she never should have gotten it. She is now at the ER getting checked out and looks like she will be fine. My original cardio missed my valve issue for 3 years while I nearly choked on my own chest congestion.

Superstitions aside, Friday the13th is fine for me. Same place we were thinking about before, or do you have somewhere else in mind?

Nope ... same place is fine. Friday will also be my last Cardiac Rehab, so the earlier the better, say 11a or 11:30a meeting time ... so I can be home by about 1:30 or so? I plan to be at CR from 2-7 ... have a party with the afternoon AND evening crews. :)

Call me sometime this week ... or I'll call you.....

ALSO posting about that new group I mentioned ... so look for that post. ;)

* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *
"A long white line stretching out on the road ahead" __ Vince Gill __ 'The Radio'

Hi Lorraine,

How are you? Any more episodes of Afib since your ablation? How is your recovery going?

Having a cardioversion just May 2nd, I can relate to your issues. I, also, am a bit hesitant to have an ablation in the future if needed. After my cardioversion for A-fib/flutter, I am in sinus rhythm, but am having a few extra beats and fast beats, maybe 12 or so at a time. My cardio said this could mean my A-fib would come back sooner than later. However, the cardio that did the cardioversion I saw after that said it's a good thing that I'm staying in rhythm even having those extra beats, because it means to him that my Sotolol is working to keep A-fib away.
I did ask my cardio about ablation and the risks with mechanical valves. He said they burn a hole from one chamber of the heart to the other that needs ablading, so they don't go thru the mechanical valve to do it. This burning of the heart sounds like something I would do if my cardio really recommended it cause I was in major risk mode. He said, however, that because my heart rate is low, I could live with A-fib forever, really, and that was before my cardioversion. I just try, now, to remain calm, and not stress about the extra beats, and possibly going back into A-fib, cause I'm not ready for an ablation!
That being said, sometimes we need to have a procedure and we really don't know as much as our trusted cardiologists about them. So, all the best of Luck to you and that ablation, and hope it works for the long haul.

Thanks for posting Gina and referring to the new post I had posted. I wasn;t thinking that I really should have came back to this thread. All is weel though, because you were keeping tabs. :)

LucyLou: As the weeks are going by, so far I am having fewere and fewer short runs of palpitations. Now they are like little blurbs! My heart may beat faster for a second or two and then it's gone. The only time I notice longer runs, is if I have a couple of pieces of dark chocolate. Even those are not very often.

Gail: After all the fuss I made about having to have an ablation, I'm glad I had it done. It's easy to fear the unknown. I had never even paid any attention to someone saying they had to have an ablation, until I was told I needed one. I had never even heard of an electrophysiologist until I was introduced to one. Of course I freaked when he told me what I needed to have done. What burn electrical impulses in my heart? What did that mean. That was why I called Gina. She was a big help with posting on vr for me. I did my homework. I found a electrophysiologist for my second opinion and I'm glad I did. I had the same fear as you about the risk to my mechanical valves. He reassured me that they do not go through the valves to do it, which is what I was imagining they had to do. It sounds like your situation is different than mine though. I had Atrial Flutter which is what he wanted to ablate. It only took a couple of hours. I believe an ablation for Afib is four or five hours. You mentioned a low heart rate. How low? Mine was in the low 40's for my resting heart rate, and no I'm not athletic. We did lower my dose of Metrolpol (sp?) and between that and having the ablation, my EP thinks that is what has helped to get my average resting heart rate about 58bpm. He says if it would have stayed in the 40's then he would have told me I should get a pacemaker. As far as the ablation, so far so good. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back