5 months post op - just checking in

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffhughes

Hard to believe it has already been 5 months. Back to work full time first week in July; day after I got ok from surgeon, I was on a business trip to San Diego. Completed 12 weeks of cardiac rehab and education classes. Sleeping well and getting on as well as before surgery. INR has been in range for the past 12 weeks and I am now officially on a once-a-month schedule.

On the downside, having more issues with PVC's and PAC's; holter indicated more than 10,000 ectopics in a 24 hour period with more than 7000 PAC and 3000 PVC; lots of little runs of paroxsysmal AC and more troubling, lots of PVC doublets. Last report says that "clinical correlation advised" - a term I take to mean "more tests".

I got my neat valve "ring" from ON-X; a real slick piece of work - shiny, light and exceedingly durable. I have worn it for a few weeks now and it is still without scratches or divots. Seems like good stuff to make a permanent part of ones body.

Hope all are well here. Post or PM if anybody has questions.

Aspera ad Astra !

Hi, Larry!

Good to hear from you, and glad you're doing OK. The rhythm things are a pain in the (*^(* but I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it. I had such nasty rhythm issues that I wound up with a pacemaker, but I still find that life is better than it was before surgery.

Hope your issues resolve soon and things go toward a great new normal.

Hi Larry, sounds like a great recovery, keep going :). Re: the rhythm issues, yes these are a nuisance. I don't actually have these issues but still have a thumping heart and the dizziness with it, especially around lunch times. It's very common to have these issues, they come with the heart surgery recovery territory. Take care.

Sensei

Latest posts

Back