40 Years...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CynBrooks

I live in Salem, Alabama. I was born in Germany, r

I was born with Congenital Heart Disease in 1969. I had my Mitral Valve replaced in 1971 (18 months old) Ball and Cage style @ the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota . On July 26, 1984 I had my Mitral Valve replaced again (14 years old) St. Judes @ Egleston Childrens Hospital in Atlant, GA. My Mitral Valve is working good; I have other heart issues going on. Being born with the disease; I have learned and it is me. I don't let it get me down, stay positive, do as my body and doctors recommend. I have a great family and friends support group. I thank God everyday for each day, because when I was born, the doctor gave me 2 weeks to live and here I am today 41 year old with a beautiful daughter and precious grandson.

Thanks so much for sharing your story. That is quite a milestone, congratulations! Best wishes on many many more.

I don't let it get me down, stay positive, do as my body and doctors recommend. I have a great family and friends support group. I thank God everyday for each day, because when I was born, the doctor gave me 2 weeks to live and here I am today 41 year old with a beautiful daughter and precious grandson.

Couldn't of said it better myself. HERE'S TO 42 MORE GREAT YEARS!

... I thank God everyday for each day, because when I was born, the doctor gave me 2 weeks to live and here I am today 41 year old with a beautiful daughter and precious grandson.

Thanks for sharing! It is nice to have the reminder that the Doctors are not always right. Don't take me wrong, I am a fan of Doctors, but believe in 2nd opinions...especially when given such a sad diagnosis or in my case before my 1st, a diagnosis that does not add up to the facts.

and here I am today 41 year old with a beautiful daughter and precious grandson.

Happy Birthday. Yours is a real story of overcoming great odds:thumbup:.

I know the feeling about seeing the kids and grandkids....and now great-grandkids grow up......and it was all made possible by a little "ping pong ball in a bird cage":wink2:. I wish you many more birthdays.

I was born with Congenital Heart Disease in 1969. I had my Mitral Valve replaced in 1971 (18 months old) Ball and Cage style @ the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota . On July 26, 1984 I had my Mitral Valve replaced again (14 years old) St. Judes @ Egleston Childrens Hospital in Atlant, GA. My Mitral Valve is working good; I have other heart issues going on. Being born with the disease; I have learned and it is me. I don't let it get me down, stay positive, do as my body and doctors recommend. I have a great family and friends support group. I thank God everyday for each day, because when I was born, the doctor gave me 2 weeks to live and here I am today 41 year old with a beautiful daughter and precious grandson.

Rock and Roll grandpaw; I am 5 years older than you and my daughter is only 7. You attached life head on it sounds, I admire your zest greatly. Thanks for the post!!!

Latest posts

Back