4 more days and counting

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was also getting my "special pre surgery" soap ready, when I was called in 2 days early. !!
That doesn't happen often, but it saved me from running away and joining the circus at the last minute.

Getting closer to my surgery and started with the anti-bacterial surgical scrubs. Still not too excited or nervous about the AVR and Double Bypass although I would prefer not to be facing this but realize it is better now than later. - Gord

Well done irel! Do what they say on the anti-bacterial stuff. So far, so good on the wound infection front for me. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers over the weekend and all day Monday. Please keep us posted with your progress when you can.

It's a helpful achievement to have a calm mind at this stage. Best wishes for a successful surgery and untroubled recovery. See you soon in the post-surgery forum.

Your post brings back memories. I was in the hospital prior to my surgery and had to shower twice in the back half of some storeroom that also had a shower. Odd to say the least.

Good luck with your surgery. You'll do great.

Good luck to you. I personally believe that "paying special attention" to the area for the incisions has paid off for me. The main scar and the "bullet holes" are both healing very nicely.

Look forward to hearing from you on the other side of the mountain.

Best wishes Gord for an easy surgery and smooth recovery.......you have the hard part (the pre-surgery waiting) almost behind you. I'm always amazed at seeing people post within hours of having surgery, so be sure to take your laptop with you and let us know how it was.

Interesting post. I have surgery on Monday too. No anti-bacterial scrubbing yet. I go tomorrow for my Pre-op blood work and a visit with the anesthesiologist. We'll have to compare notes and scars in the Post-Surgery forum. Best wishes for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

My surgery is Monday, as well. I went for pre-op this past Tuesday and got bottle of antiseptic body wash and scrubbies, but I was told not to use them until Sunday night.
I hope your surgery goes well and I am trying to gain inspiration from your calm attitude. I must admit to a bit of nervousness. I attribute some of it to the fact that I am 47 and have never had a surgery prior, except for a couple of wisdom teeth and a couple of heart caths, but I have a hard time comparing any of that to what is coming.
But I have faith in the skill of my surgeon and I have a lot of folks pulling for me. I am sure you do, too.
I will send good thoughts your way come Monday.............at least till they knock me out!

Best wishes to the three of you on your surgeries Monday.
Hope you have successful surgeries and uneventful, smooth recoveries.
Please let us know how you're doing when you are able.

Godspeed.

Good vibes on their way for the three of you. Monday is going to be a busy day for the guardian angels, but believe me they are up to it and you all will be over the mountain and posting within hours of the operation, which seems to be the norm nowadays! I am amazed by this, I was knocked out for 24 hours and not really all there for another 3 days, and that was less than a year ago.

Saw the anesthesiologist on Monday and now just awaiting a call this evening to confirm my surgery on Monday. I wish I had known about Krytonite as an adhesive rather that stitches to close the wound and I would have enquired about this procedure with the surgeon. I will give it a shot on Monday when I meet with him. Still apprehensive about the post surgery, especially considering I sneeze daily and blow my nose 2-3 times each morning. This can't be easy, especially the sneezing. I did not enquire whether or not the Hospital had internet access for patients so I guess any updates will be on my return home. good luck with your surgery and we'll keep in touch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back