4.5 On Friday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old clicker

I need some help again.

Date INR level Dose/week Changed to/week
Oct 22/09 3.6 33mg 30mg
Nov 05/09 2.4 30mg 32.5mg
Nov 17/09 3.3 32.5mg
Dec 19/09 4.5 32.5mg

The Pharmacist wants me to withhold for two days
Then take 2.5 mg on Wednesday, and 5 on Thurs and Friday then 5 on Sat.
Then 5 mg for 5 days, and 2.5 fo 2 days (wed,Sat)

I had strep throat and was on penicillin, which I finished on the 20th, and tylenol up the 16th.
I'm sure my diet was way off as well.

Please tell me your not going to hold anything.

I wouldn't change a thing. Wait for the next test, which hopefully isn't for at least a week. 32.5 appears to be your sweet spot. I think being sick and your diet being disturbed is enough to do this to you.

Hi clicker, how are you doing?
You don't need to hold a dose.
Your INR inched up a bit from the additional meds, and I bet if you test again in one week, you will be almost back in range.

I had strep throat and was on penicillin, which I finished on the 20th, and tylenol up the 16th.
I'm sure my diet was way off as well.

Your illness and the anti-biotic probably caused the INR blip. Recheck it in a week. I am a little more conservative than Ross and would hold 2.5mg, one time, just to nudge the INR down a bit. I agree that I would not hold for two days.

I NEVER Hold a Dose for an INR under 5.0

Given your illness plus antibiotic, an elevated INR is to be expected. At MOST, I would hold 1/2 dose for ONE day but since (I *assume*) you are no longer taking the anit-biotic, I would do as Ross suggested, i.e., make NO changes and see where it is in One Week.

'AL C'

I wouldn't "hold" for 4.5 either

I wouldn't "hold" for 4.5 either

Good morning
Treatment for strep throat has presented some questions. I can't comment on the antbiotics.
Were you taking in excess of 1400 mgs Tylenol a day? The daily dose recommended on the package is higher and it elevated my INR one full point.
My range is 3.5 to 4.0 and I would never "hold even one dose for 4.5.

Yup, I had a nasty cold for the last 2 weeks (3 days on the couch), got up to 4.3, held half a dose just to nudge it down, and was at 2.5 the next week.
And I didn't take much tylenol at all.

It's the illness, lack of food, and lack of activity. You'll be fine without changes at all.

Now my poor hubby has this nasty bug. I feel for him, really.

These people are quick to tell you to hold just because your a little high, but when things return to normal and if you followed their advice, you'll be too low and then the teeter totter begins. Best just to leave it be and wait for another test.

Latest posts

Back