3 Years ??? really ???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctyguy

Howdy all....its been a while since I've posted on the site, been more of a reader than anything the last few months. Amazing to me that I just had my 3 yr valversary the other day ! I celebrated with a full day of work, a spin class, and then big fat steak and beer !

I hope all is well with the old timers that are still floating around in here.

For you newbies please know that this forum is not only a great source of information but a great source of inspiration. I was an absolute train wreck when I found out I needed a valve replacement. It was the folks in this forum that picked my face up off the floor and helped me through the process. OHS is scarey but its certainly something you can get through. I couldn't run 2/10ths of a mile without shortness of breath and chest pains. Now I run several times a week and have done a 1/2 marathon ! Im on Coumadin and its a no brainer. Haven't changed a single thing in my life other than getting a new tattoo. Can't get anyone to do the work :(

Scott

Thanks Scott... I'm a newbie and still in the trainwreck phase. It SUCKS! But this forum is so amazing... such wonderful helpful people. I felt like the last person on the planet when my doc told me of my bad valve... it felt like the world stopped spinning and my head started to spin! It's great to see people like you doing so well after this overwhelming event that will eventually take place.

Happy Valversary!

Deux

I am now 4 years from my 5month ordeal and cant get over it or even think about it TIME does fly

congrats.gif

images

Great to hear from you, Scott.
I thought of you the other day as you and I had our surgeries the same week.
I, too, am doing great and that was my second OHS.

Hope you continue to thrive.

And I was just the month before. Happy third anniversary from a third third-year! It sounds like you're really taking advantage of your valve capabilities. Great news.

Happy 3rd Scott! It seems like yesterday that you were posting an update on your surgery. Glad all is going well in your life. :)
Try and drop by and say hi from time to time.

Hi, Scott! Great to hear from you again, and great to hear that you're doing so well. I finally got mu valve done (and a few other things, too) and now am on the road to recovery. You've been (and continue to be) an inspiration to those of us behind you. Keep us posted on the 1/2 marathon. . .

Back