3 week post op today!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel

Yay, today is my 3 week post-op day!! I think I'm doing well. All of my vitals, etc. seem to be doing well. I had my appt with my surgeon just under 2 week post-op, and he said that he thinks I'm doing very well. I've had lots of bad days, just no energy and drained, felt bad, etc. but I've had quite a few good days also. They told me to expect that and not to even consider getting better on a daily basis, because I will have those good days and bad days for a while. They told me that I should be feeling some better on a weekly basis. I've found that to be very true. My incision seems to be healing very nicely, along with the two drain holes, they are all closed up and healing very well. Well, yesterday, I walked through the neighborhood with my hubby and daughter and son in law, and I walked probably a mile or maybe a little more. That's my longest walk yet. I did very well with that and didn't really get out of breath and there were a few hills to climb! I've been going out to eat right much and I've pretty much enjoyed that. I've been shopping in a few stores. I do tire out and have to nap. When I'm at home, I don't really do much. I have a visit with my cardiologist the end of this month and I'm supposed to be taking about a 3 1/2 hr trip the first of August. I'm currently on baby aspirin, multi vitamin, coumadin (temporarily) metropolil? sp?, digoxin, simvistatin. I think that's all - just running on my memory here! I quit taking loratab for pain over a week ago, but the last two nights, I took only 1 when I went to bed, hoping I would sleep a little better without waking up so much and waking up feeing so sore. Can't wait to be able to drive again! Hubby goes back to work this weekend, : ( It's been so great having him here to help take care of me!!! Hope you're all doing well!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Angel,

Thanks for the post, good to hear and sounds like you are right on track for recovery at 3 weeks post op. You still have quite a list of meds though?
At 4 weeks, my cardio switched me from 50MG metropolol daily to 1 10MG Bisoprolol and this seemed to wake me up some

Because of the coumadin reference and at 47 it seems you chose a bio valve, are you planning a new family? :biggrin2: in reference to active bio/mech valve disussion underway:angel:

Have a great continued recovery

Gil

yeah, I have an appt with my cardiologist the end of this month, then I will be about 5 weeks post op, which I expect I'll be coming off some of the meds. In reality though, I'm only taking 3- not counting aspirin, vitamin and temporarily coumadin. So...we'll see. To answer your question about planning a new family??? hahaha, no. I chose tissue as a personal decision! Thanks for your well wishes. I wish the same for you! Take care of yourself!!

Angel, I am so glad that you are well on your way on the road to recovery. I remember when you came here and you were one scared puppy, as so many of us were. Wishing you all the best!

you're so right about being a scared pupppy, Luana!!! Yep, that was definitely me, fo sho!!! lol. Glad to hear from you and hopefully you're doing very well yourself!

angel, wow time flies after surgery doesn't it? i am 8 weeks today, it's great to be this far out!

once you come off the metoprolol you will begin to feel more "normal"

Thanks everyone! And Malibu, wow, 8 weeks??????? Yep, time really does go by rather quickly. Glad you're doing well!! Take care all.

Latest posts

Back