3 week aniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi all,
well, 3 weeks post op and all is going well. Seen my cardiologist yesterday and he is happy and doesn't want to see me for a year for my eco. Inr is 2.5, next ck in a week. Chest is alittle tight, but just the healing process. And still have that knot behind the right shoulder blade, but it's getting better. Biking 9 miles a day plus walking. Patients, patients, patients on the chest. God it's a long 8 weeks before i can start working out with my kettle bells.
Thanks again for all the support, couldn't not have done this without ya.

Mac, on the sunny shores of lake superior :d

AVR, CARBO MEDICS MECHANICAL
SINGLE BY-PASS
DR. SURI
MAYO CLINIC

Last edited:
Do I understand well here...you had AVR and a single by-pass three weeks ago and you are biking 9 miles a days. I know I have been confused these days and maybe I am confused today. If not, I would say you should take it eeeeeeeeasy, Mac. In any case, you sound you are doing great and congratulations. :)

Ok Mac...this must be a world record. I am 7 weeks out (albeit I had a series of post op complications) and am managing a half hour walk. Prior to this, I was VERY active.

So...what's your secret? In any case, I have to say congratulations are in order and hope this speedy recovery continues for you.

I kind of freaked out at one of Mac's earlier updates too. Amazing progress! However, he said the biking was on a stationary bike. A good idea for safety reasons! :)

My Biking

My Biking

Relax everyone. I told the nurses at rehab my program of biking 3 mi in the morning 3 at mid day and 3 in the evening pus walking and they seem fine with the program. twice a week I go to rehab and do the treadmill, stepper, and bike for an hour. I do this mainly because AFLAC pays me $130 a day to go to rehab. other wise I love my bike. Now if this numbness in my fingers and the dull pain in my shoulder blade and right tricep would go away I'd be happy. Doc seems to think it is as they said at Mayo, that it is just from the positioning during surgery and will gradually go away. Nerves probly pinched. Anyone else have this problem?

Latest posts

Back