3 days before AVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well, 3 days before my valve job and one by pass at Mayo. When do you start to get nervous? With trying to get all the paper work in order, wrapping up work and the honey do list, it seems there is no time to think about it.
See ya in the post op section in a few days.

Best of luck to you. I hope my nerves hold out when I'm up for surgery next month. Keeping busy sounds like the best idea. I know that time seems to be switching from just dragging along one day to hyperdrive the next.

Kevin

good luck and best wishes for a successful surgery and smooth recovery, i was nervous and counting down about 3 weeks out but once i hit hospital i was calmer think it was the knowing it would soon be over , the waiting as many have said is the worst part!

The nerves never kicked in for me - I was just anxious to get it over with. My surgery was real close to my diagnosis so the busy work in getting prepared helped occupy my time.

Best wishes to you.

Gerry

i had to wait nearly a month and a half before i had surgery and the nerves were really bad up until the pre-surgery testing when i started to calm down. the day of the surgery i was just ready to get it over. I have to say after i came out of it though i wasn't exactly the most pleasant person to be around for quite awhile. between the anesthetic to being in pain made me pretty irritable. best of luck for your surgery. see you on the other side.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth, bump-free recovery. Hopefully you can stay calm through the whole process. Having confidence in your surgeon and knowing that you are doing what needs to be done will hopefully ease your nerves. You are almost there. Looking forward to reading your updates when you are over the mountain.

Nadine

Mac, time will fly and you'll be on the other side before you know it. My prayers are with you. I didn't get nervous until the night before surgery but when they wheeled me in the OR, I was ready and very calm. Good luck and let us know as soon as you feel up to it.

Hi Mac
for me, the morning of the OP was hell as it was my second OHS
5 days after OP I walked slowly from the Hospital
See you on the other side

Latest posts

Back