2 years March 10th

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmaceae

Two years ago this Thursday I had my AVR in Chicago. There must be something about this time of year because I am scheduled for a Nissen Fundoplication this coming Thursday March 10th (exactly 2 years after my AVR, what is the chance of that :) ). I am also having issues with PVC's and my heart rate going down to the 30's. I just seen the cardio and he increased my beta blocker but that made it worse so he lowered it back down. I am not really liking this cardio so my primary doctor said he will let me see another cardio that specializes in arrhythmia's. They even mentioned a pace maker?
You never know this coming surgery may help in my PVC's. I am really looking forward to this surgery because I have been suffering from GERD for over 10 years and it has gotten worse in the past year. The good thing is my echo's look great!

Congrats on your Anniversary! Where in Chicago did you have yours done? I am also in Chicago and considering Pat McCarthy at Northwestern and John Alexander out of Evanston for my AVR.

Palmaceae - Congrats on two years more on the right side of the dirt! I just had my aortic valve replaced on Feb. 28 and immediately ran into so many rhythm issues that we went back to the OR a few days later and wired up a shiny new pacemaker. I never had a secont thought about it -- it is scary to find out that your heart had stopped for several intervals of 15-20 seconds. Much less scary to knwo that I have another battery to be replaced at some unknown future date. . .

Hockey Heart - My surgery was by Dr. McCarthy at Northwestern. PM me if you want to discuss my choice ant the other surgeons I considered (don't want to hijack this thread).

Thanks everyone. I had my Nissen Fundoplication done this past Thursday, 2 years to the day I had my AVR (must be something about that date!). I spent a day and a half in the hospital and feel like I someone punched me 50 times in the stomach then I did 1000 sit ups! I am on a liquid diet for at least couple weeks, but I will lose some weight. For several hours after the surgery I had no PVC's, I thought cool, I like that, but they came back with a vengeance Thursday night and Friday.

Latest posts

Back