1st followup appt with surgeon today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkG87

Met with my surgeon this morning for the first time since I was released from the hospital the 2nd time two weeks ago. Everything looks to be where he is comfortable. A bit of fluid on my left lung per the chest x-ray but not enough to treat. Heart rate is about 102. He changed a couple of meds and sent instructions to the rehab unti to setup my rehab. 36 visits over 12 weeks. Hopefully I'll get to start that in a week or so. All in all, it was a very good checkup. Plus, may be building up a social relationship. Both of our daughters are competitive horseback riders and go to the same high school, 1 year apart. We're trying to get them to meet up, they've already become Facebook friends.

glad to hear everything is going well now!

that is funny about your daughters both being competitive riders. do they already compete together but just never knew it? hunter/jumper or western? i love horses and can't wait to get back on once this sternum is 100% ready to go!

glad to hear everything is going well now!

that is funny about your daughters both being competitive riders. do they already compete together but just never knew it? hunter/jumper or western? i love horses and can't wait to get back on once this sternum is 100% ready to go!

Hunter/jumper. Our High School here actually has an equestrian team, but my daughter didn't join. She rides at a different barn and is in the process of taking a retired racing thoroughbred and turning him into a hunter/jumper. Plus, my surgeon only moved to town last March. His daughter is a freshman and we have a "Freshman Academy" here, so Freshman don't interact with upperclassmen (my daughter is a sophomore).
When we lived in Waukegan, she rode @ Fields & Fences, across Hunt Club Rd from Gurnee Mills. I'm sure she'll want to go up north for at least 1 show next summer.

Mark ....sit back relax ........NO NO..... walk walk walk then relax

Pretty much the same advice I heard from the Dr & his PA! But, they did tell me it's too cold to walk outside here, so it's either Wal-Mart or the treadmill for awhile. Should be released to return to work the 1st week of January.

what a small world! i rode at fields and fences (not competitively) on and off since i was 14. my mom's cousin is the owner there. that retired thoroughbred will be a fun challenge...im jealous!

how long ago did you live here?

what a small world! i rode at fields and fences (not competitively) on and off since i was 14. my mom's cousin is the owner there. that retired thoroughbred will be a fun challenge...im jealous!

how long ago did you live here?

We just moved to Tn in Aug 0f 2009. I lived in Waukegan/Gurnee my whole life before that, was just ready to get out of there. Had an Insurance Agency in Gurnee for 25 years and was ready for a change, so we sold out and moved here. Absolutely love it here.

Know Anita very well, Stephanie (my daughter) rode there for about 6 years. Was NIJHA Grand Champion is 2 classes in 2009. Thorobred here is a grandson of Secretariat, raced for about 4 years and was supposed to race the Derby, but a "family fight" over him stopped that. he's a great horse and learning well, she'll show him in 2011.

that is interesting, my husbands father grew up in waukegan. you are probably younger then he is but might know him. he hangs out at glen flora cc playing cards most days now, and has been a member there for at least 35 years. he is a business owner too...more commercial real estate type things but he has also owned a few car related places in gurnee and waukegan.

as i deal with trying to get the the grocery store in 15 degree weather, i can't blame you for making the move. im sure your daughter is thrilled she can comfortably ride outdoors all year round now. sounds like an amazing horse with a great story behind him! they sound like a perfect pair :)

sorry to hijack your thread with all of this personal talk!

No need to apologize. Still cold here too, so no riding for the last few days. But, Most of Dec & an are in the 40's so she'll be back at it in a few days. I'd bet I know your husbands family, most people in Waukegan know of our family. My grandfather was band director at Waukegan high school for 40 years and my uncle was a football player who's pretty well known, so a lot of people in town know our family.

Hope all is going well with your valve. Keep us up with what your cardio's have to say.

Latest posts

Back