11 months after surgery.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiewintle

My scar is still quite red and lumpy - keloids run in my family. Further down it is alot paler and nicer.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20100711..jpg
    Snapshot_20100711..jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 39
I think it was a good 18 months before the pink on mine faded. My first pacemaker scar was big and ugly, but when they swapped out the pacemaker for the defibrillator, it healed up quickly and thin. Go figure.
You might give this one a while longer, and if it bugs you see a dermatologist about steroid injections or other ways to reduce it.
Have you used the OTC stuff like mederma?

Katie, your scar demonstrates one again the diversity of experience after surgery. My scar has developed in the opposite direction. The top is now growing pale but the lower part is still pink so it seems to be moving from the top down. So, how are you feeling at almost a year? I'm a couple months behind you and have started to think that I need to throw a party or something in September. Do you have plans?

Larry

That scar saved your life and that sure makes it beautiful!!!!
I well could still fade at the top.... time will tell.

When I had my first surgery in 2003 the ended up with keloids even though when I had my first surgery in 1976 I had no keloids. One reason might have been was my incision in 2003 opened up I had to be recut on the top and have it heal from the inside out. Yeah it wasn't pleasant ( Cleveland Clinic no less) . This time my scar is looking much better especially where I had an issue the first time. My surgeon at Strong ( Dr. Knight) said he would make it better and he did. I also noticed many people's scars start much higher near the neck. Mine starts right near my cleavage and he didn't have to go higher the second time. I was very happy about that bc I am getting married in Septmeber and my dress is strapless

Latest posts

Back