10 Years :)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah_Louise

Hi everyone :)
Can't beleive it, that this time 10 years ago i was heading to theatre for my second lot of OHS (conduit & pulmonary valve replacement) i was 8 years old at the time, and when the porters came for me, i point blank refused to go to theatre :rolleyes2: (Pre-med had wore off lol ) and it took the play nurse and my parents nearly an hour to get me up to theatre with the promise of finger paints when i had it done and was back on the ward!! :biggrin2:
My 2nd OHS was by far the easiest, was admitted on the 3rd March 2002 (sunday) taken to theatre the 4th March (monday) was in PICU just over night, back on the ward by the tuesday, and when physio came to get me out of bed i was already in the play room!! And heading home by the Saturday tea time :D
Can't thank everyone enough, especially the surgeon, his team and of course the play nurse lol! As well as my amazing Family :)
Love Sarah xxxx

You always make me smile :) I have to say the play people really can work miracles, Justin usually held out for new Legos :) I'm sure your attitude goes along way into how ell you handle everything thrown your way. You know you are always in my prayers, Lyn

ps When was your first surgery? ANd I think John (next post) has the best idea of a way to celebrate the day

Last edited:
Sarah,
Happy Anniversary! I say get the finger paints out and celebrate with a little art!
John

Thanks everyone :)
Lyn My first op was when i was 13 weeks old, so was amazing to get to 8 years with truncus and not need my 2nd op sooner! :D
Haha John!! That is a good way lol
Love Sarah xxx

Latest posts

Back