1 year ago today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainframe

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I was wheeled in to surgery where Dr. Miller spend 11 hours on my re-do AVR. I had been admitted to Stanfords ICU about a week earlier and didn't get back out for the next 2 months.

I've felt pretty good considering the last severals months, though I haven't done nearly as much walking as I indended. Hope the saying "it's never to late" can apply. The last eight months or so has been a bit of a challenge with 2 seperate surgeries for sternal wire issues. Hopefully that's behind me. I still have hope I can rebound and feel as good as I did a couple of years ago before my bovine tissue valve started going down hill.

Thanks everyone for the support last year. Every now and then I read Bill B's post "mainframe needs all your prayers" and the support during that time still blows me away. Thank you.

Your story is one of the most dramatic we've had. I'm glad you're feeling pretty good--glad you're still around. Even with a fairly uneventful valve replacement and good recovery, it was into the third year before I felt normal--and better--than before surgery, both mentally and physically. (This is meant to be encouraging.)

Same here Chris. It has been almost three yrs since my AVR,and really am just recently feeling normal, in every way! I know you will be feeling the same, just keep positive and have patience, although I know it can be difficult!

Wishing you all the best!

You are a true survivor and have shown true grit and determination. You were meant to still be here no doubt.You have earned your 1yr.Your the toughest guy I know!!

Chris, I am happy for your improvement after all you had gone through. It will get better and better from now on.

I just started feeling my normal self again only recently and I am happy for this.

"Better late than never".:)

Last edited:
Hi Chris,
I remember those days well; my surgery was 9 days later, and I remember all the posts from Bill B with the updates about you. Sure glad you made it through and are well. It must have been tough.

Where is Bill B these days? I miss him.

Chris.. glad to hear you are getting better... it has been a long hard journey for you that is for sure... lets hope that the next few months will be so much easier than the past few... we all appreciate you sharing your experience with us and I am thankful for all your kind words and advice... hugs!

Chris,

You certainly deserve to be celebrating on your one year valversary!!! I hope every day continues to get better for you. I remember only too well your overwhelming struggles and prayed hard for your recovery last year.
Best wishes,

That was a YEAR ago????? No way. It seems like yesterday.

I'm glad you are doing better. Now, are you having another celebration for the 1 year anniversary of the date you got out of the hospital??? You deserve it.

Back