Yet another newbie!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ALCapshaw2--

I do not have all the answers to the questions you posed but of course will ask. My position is, and my cardiologist is in agreement, is that if there are KNOWN and significant complexities to the surgery, I would change the venue to Cleveland Clinic. Of course, the operative word is "known" at time of admittance.

Although Dr. Chitwood is perhaps best known for his international pioneering work in minimally invasive surgical techniques, and specifically, mitral valve repair using robotics, he is exceptionally regarded (so I've been told) in all aspects of cardio thoracic surgery. Maybe if you have the time (and curiousity) you might want to take a look at his CV at www.mitralvalvesurgery.com and let me know what you think. ( I know, CVs aren't always completely accurate ... mine reads pretty well as well.)

Thanks for your response and input--

Best regards-
Bill

Interesting info on that Heart Surgery Center in NC.

The BIG Question for YOU is:

How much experience does this Surgeon have recognizing Connective Tissue Disorders which often accompany BAV and lead to aneurisms?

Also, how much Experience does he have repairing the AORTA?

Surgery of the Aorta is complex and another Level Above Valve Replacement Surgery (which is another level above ByPass Surgery).

'AL Capshaw'

My journey home was only 1.4 miles so all of your travel plans plans sound challenging to me. As a private pilot I like the general aviation option but be aware it is going to HURT A LOT getting in and out of the Aztec. If you choose this option you should have a friend assist you.

Philip

Bill, don't gargle the junk they give you to numb your throat.That stuff made me gag.I spit the second thicker stuff out right away.They gave me an IV and next thing I knew the test was over.Just tell them to put you out!!!!

Latest posts

Back