Yes! Yes! Yes! It finally happened...!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok what's all the rucus..:D Bina got her high speed now she'll be maltie tasking
while she on vr. No more being knocked out on chat. :cool:
So let the video's begin!!! :D
Now I'm with Freddie who's Harold???
How can Ross speed up our high speed? Does he have connections?:D

well, I guess I am the lone dial-up now? I want pity, pity, pity..........

Ann,

Up until about a month and a half ago I would sadly join you in the Snail Mail Land Line Connection Hell but I finally made the plunge into the Verizon Wireless Broadband Connection. I purchased a UM175 USB Modem ($70 minus $50 rebate) and signed up for their 2 year 5GB plan ($59.99).

I was somewhat concerned about the 5 GB limit. DW has been helping organize a class reunion so she has been on several chat rooms, doing a lot of people searching, downloading and uploading pictures and videos almost 24/7. So she really put it to the test, even leaving it connected one night for about 8 to 10 hours. Our month bill showed we used 2495 megabytes of our allowed 5120. Unfortunately you really have to watch that usage total REAL close because they charge you $.25 PER MEGABYTE over the 5120. That could run up real fast!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

We were charged $66.06 (monthly plan plus insurance on the stick). Of course you can?t forget the ?hidden charges? that come along with a monthly plan.

Anyway, Ross I ran your program and got the following:

956 kbps Down
358 kbps Up

I still have the old Land Line hook-up and tried that against the program. After about 20 minutes of nothing I figured it wouldn?t work on a Land Line Connection but I finally registered the following:

22 kbps (2.8 KB/sec Transfer Rate) Down
118 kbps (14.8 KB/sec Transfer Rate) Up

Not near as fast as y?all are getting with the DSL and others but as you can see a tremendous improvement over Land Line. Having lived with Land Line since 1994 you can imagine our enjoyment of not having to wait sometimes 24 hours to update a virus program, SpyWare, Search&Destroy, etc. Videos were out of the question.

Now I?ve got to watch that meter count every month. We interchange between the laptop and the desktop.

May God Bless,

Danny :)

Since we have the router, Hubby and I can be surfing at the same time.
(how romantic)
He hears me in my office laughing over a video clip and says, "send it over to me", then
on his computer in the living room he can enjoy the same clip within seconds.
This is just nuts. I used to LOVE fast cars, now I LOVE fast internet.....am I getting old ?

I have AT&T U-Verse and I think it's DSL. I know it's through the phone lines.

My favorite you tube videos are the Miss Swan ones. I haven't watched them in a while, but I remember one at an ATM machine and one in a bank. They are hilarious.

Lisa, I spent (wasted) some time today checking out Ms Swan videos.:D
I started off with:
ATM
Kicking on the Plane
StarBucks
Dating Game
On a Date
and I have to say that the icing on the cake was: Dancing Queen
I darn near almost peed my pants. :eek: Thanks ! :D

Latest posts

Back