Yep - back home!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the good side of the mountain, Anna! I'm very happy for you. I've been watching for news about your surgery. Congratulations from your TOF buddy!;):D

anna

anna

Hey Anna, so glad to hear your home! I hope your recovery is going well. Take it easy and do as much as your body can do. The first couple of weeks are the hardest after that I really did feel better each and everyday. It's been almost a year for me now but what I mostly remember is being very tired and weak, I remember many days only getting out of my favorite recliner to go the bathroom and walk as much as I could handle. I set a goal that I wanted to walk a 5k before 12 weeks post-op. I started walking (more than a block:rolleyes:) about 6 weeks post everyday.First 1/2 mile, then 1 & 2and then 3, I got my speed up and by race time at 11weeks I did the race with no problem. I share this because when your laying on the couch feeling like *** you need to know you will feel great soon and do so many more things now that your heart is fixed!! Take care and keep breathing into the toy it really does help the recovery alot Debbie :)

Welcome back Anna! I'm so glad to know you're back home and doing well. You're been in my prayers and i've been checking the forum to see if there was a post from you. It's wonderful that you have such a great boyfriend to help you. I hope you have an easy recovery and are feeling well enough to enjoy the holidays.

Happy Holidays!

Dawn-Marie

Cheers everyone :D

I'm certainly doing a little better each day (even managed to blowdry my hair myself yesterday! :D), although I have to remind myself that I have to take baby steps :rolleyes: I had a bit of a "setback" the night before last when I accidentally inhaled a mouthful of water instead of drinking it! :eek: As you could imagine, I was choking and coughing and spluttering and couldn't find something to hold quick enough, so my poor midsection too quite a hammering, which made me a little fragile yesterday.

Otherwise I'm doing pretty well :) I've been taking a little stroll twice a day - except yesterday when it was far too hot and humid (bleargh!!) - and I can say I sure don't feel much worse than before I went in, so that's good. I'm sleeping pretty well, all things considered and am feeling quite rested - which is good, 'cause yawning is still a bit tricky! :rolleyes:

Tomorrow I go back for a post-op check-up at the hospital to see how everything is going, as well as a Doppler at my cardio's. I've still got that nasty stuff all over my skin (I look like the tragic victim of a spray tan gone wrong!!) although it is gradually wearing off. It doesn't seem to matter what I use it doesn't want to budge :(

Woodbutcher - good to see you made it through OK too! I haven't had a chance to check all the threads yet, so sorry if I've missed yours. Hope you're doing well :)

Scrappergirl - saw Landon was out and you were on your way home. Great news!! :D

A : )

Anna..............

Anna..............

I am so glad that everything went well and that you are on the mend. We have missed you around these parts. Many hugs.............gentle ones. J.

Anna, Great to see your posts! Do try to remember to take it easy, and not get discouraged. Walking at the right pace does really help. I think you are going to do very well:) Jealous of your hot weather, we just had 15" of snow and it's mighty chilly out. All the best, Brian

So glad to see your post Anna & to know that your are home! And just in time for the holidays too!

Take care of yourself & I hope everything looks good on your follow-up visit
tomorrow! :)

Take care!

ANNA!

So cool to see you are HOME...!!!

Glad things are well; thoughts/prayers coming your way for a continued SUCCESSFUL recovery :).

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Blast = 01/17/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"When you kiss your little baby, you've kissed the face of God" ... Kenny Rogers/Wynonna ... 'Mary, Did You Know?'

welcome back abbanabba!!!

wishing you a fast recovery!

Aja

Latest posts

Back