WTATC88 update & Cardiologist?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wtatc88

Hey gang,

Two weeks post op today! Dr. Gillinov replaced my mitral valve (ON-X) and surprised me by repairing my tricuspid. (I didn't even know there was a leak). I did pretty good post op, just had fluid around my heart and lungs. They drained that off with a simple bedside procedure. I was released on Sunday from CC and was home in Philly on Monday evening. I cried when a walked through the door.

I'm still working on getting my INR up. I am only at 2.0. Do the majority of valve mechanical replacements have their INR at 2.5? My internal med. doctor is following it and I haven't received much info.

I have alot of muscle soreness this surgery that I don't remember from my last. I have also started getting migraines which I haven't had in a few years. Pain meds are helping for the headaches. I'm trying some moist heat packs for the muscles. I hope it works.

Question: Does anyone know a good cardiologist who specializes in valves in the Philadelphia area? I need someone in the area to follow up with. I will still see my cardiologist at Cleveland Clinic but need soneone locally.

Thank you all for your support through all of this. All the kind words and advise helped.

Hi there Tanya, so glad to see you post.
Don't fret about your INR.......it will get into range in time.
I believe mechanical valvers INR range is 2.5 to 3.5, personally I like to be closer 3.0.
Sorry I can't help you with more information but wish you a bump free recovery.

Tanya, welcome home!
Usually MVR requires an INR of 2.5--3.5 don't be shy to check into the coag forum for any questions you may have. Someone is usually checking that forum no matter the time of day. Eat well, rest often. Best wishes.

Welcome home - the best place in the world to be, when it is on this side of the mountain.

INR recommendations change from doctor to doctor; the one that looks after my dosing agrees with me that my aortic can be 2.5 - 3.5, although all the rest have said 2 - 3. Yours will fluctuate for a few weeks as you recover, it can change greatly with exercise levels and quality/quantity of food. Also, as you come off some of the meds, that might have an effect, too. So don't fret too much, but keep on top of it.

Back