wow - pre op went way better than I thought ! surgery tomorrow!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie,

Best of wishes for you tomorrow. I truly feel for you! Get all the snuggles in you can :) . The night before my surgery, I was running around (really running!) with my 18 month old daughter and she thought it was the funniest thing ever. I knew I wouldn't be doing that for a long time so I made a game of it! Then I held my 6 month old for a longgggg time. I still can't hold them, and it is driving me crazy. Makes me sad thinking about it and I wish I got more "holds" in prior to surgery.

You will be fine, and we will see you posting on here in no time!!!!!! I didn't get any mouthwash or special soap!

Good luck!
Jackie

Thanks Jackie - I knew you would understand!!!!!!! i better go update my profile and try to go to bed - just drank my last water!

JulieAKA....Best wishes and all my thoughts and prayers are with you......you will do great and make sure you enjoy the rest and pampering.......Hearts full of hugs Michael

Julie (who'll see this later) and Jackie,

I understand, too, but from the "grandma side" of the equation. I made a special point to get in lots of pre-op pix w/grandma, snuggles, and holds with all the grandbabies, including one who was only 2wks old. Trust me, though, once you're healed from surgery, it will be soooo worth it! Before, I had to conserve my energy. Now we do piggyback rides, wrestle, chase each other through the house and around the yard.... Yep, definitely worth it!

Marcia

Julie (who'll see this later) and Jackie,

I understand, too, but from the "grandma side" of the equation. I made a special point to get in lots of pre-op pix w/grandma, snuggles, and holds with all the grandbabies, including one who was only 2wks old. Trust me, though, once you're healed from surgery, it will be soooo worth it! Before, I had to conserve my energy. Now we do piggyback rides, wrestle, chase each other through the house and around the yard.... Yep, definitely worth it!

Marcia

That is great to hear!

Julie,
Will be thinking of you and sending lots of positive vibes tomorrow.
I ,too had to rinse with a chlorhexidine mouthwash 4x a day the day prior to and then the morning of my surgery. It has quite a bitter taste. It is a broad spectrum antimicrobial. I presume this is a precautionary measure taken to reduce the bacterial levels in the mouth; hence reducing chances of infection.

Latest posts

Back