Wife has broken my heart

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rckrzy1

After 24+ yrs my wife has stepped out and had an affair, said she hates me, won't try therapy ( I AM IN TWICE A WEEK ) to keep my sanity and as many of you know my sobriety of 15+ yrs.

So I'm heart broken and sad. Pray for me.

Adam

Sorry Adam. Sometimes, no matter what you do, things just won't work out. On the other hand, your still young enough that if you simply cannot get back together and make it work, you'll still be eligible to date. I know that's not what you want to hear, but trying to find a bright side to an otherwise difficult situation.

I'm sorry to read this, Adam.
It's good that you're going to therapy and that you're remaining strong in your fight to maintain sobriety. I'll pray that God gives you the strength to see this through.
Hang in there.

Adam,

I am truly sadden to hear of your situation! Please hang in there, and try to remain strong! You know better than anyone, that falling off the wagon right now, would be the VERY WORSE thing that you could do. Stay strong, and eventually your problems will resolve. You have a future, and a great life to look forward to, even though that's not what you are feeling right now!

Adam, I know you are hurting right now. I'm so sorry for your situation. I hope that you find the best outcome for you, whatever that may be.

Kim

Adam, you're in my thoughts. This can be an awful low point.

You're deeply hurt. It doesn't seem so now, but at some not-too-distant point, you're suddenly going to realize that a part of you is feeling something different: relief. Even when the deceit was hidden from you, a part of you was responding to some underlying current of tension there that you couldn't see. That part of you is just waiting to escape from the angst and pain.

I wish you the best revenge: better love and a happier life down the road.

Be well,

You have my prayers. Stay strong and take each day at a time......remember life is precious, and take care of yourself.

Adam,
Sorry to hear your unhappy news. I hope things work out for you...no matter what the outcome is.

Chris

Ouch.

Ouch.

So sorry to hear this, Adam.

Bob's (tobagotwo) post made a lot of sense.

Hugs & Prayers

Adam:

I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

Marital problems are tough enough without things like this.

You will find that you do have the inner strength to see yourself through this. Been there, done that -- at age 22.

Hang in there, it's just like OHS, there is a good life on the other side of the mountain, this is just a different mountain. My thoughts are with you.

I went through something like this, I was only 24 years old, married for less than 5 years. It's tough, I know....but now at 54 I am married to my soul mate. That' s probably not much help to you right now . Grieve, be angry, go to therapy and get it out your system, then you will be able to move on.

Back