who monitors your INR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have home tested for about one year with very stable results. I seldom have to adjust my dose. Although my PCP is advised of my INR numbers, he normally accepts my "self-dosing". Prior to home testing I used my cardios large INR clinic with good results, but very inconvenient. My poorest results have come when I have used a "family doctor" office. I don't think they do enough tests to become good at it.

I had to use Coumadin, for way too long, because doctors were very reluctant to allow the generic warfarin. I have used both Barr Labs and Taro over the past several years. I now try to stay with Taro although there is no difference in active ingredients. Dupont Chemicals, the inventor of Coumadin, did a good job of marketing to both doctors and patients for a long time, until they go "nailed" in court for misleading advertising and marketing practices. They sold the drug shortly after they lost in court.

Latest posts

Back