Who has gotten the H1N1 (swine) flu shot?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dallas County just received its second 700 doses out of 10,000 requested for October. Tarrant (Ft Worth) got 500, and Denton got 200. It's gonna be a cold day in Hell before there's enough vaccine for us "at risk" adults, at this rate.:mad:

They started giving the shots yesterday where I live, this week it is health care workers, next week they start on pregnant women and other high risk people. I am assuming that I will receive a letter telling me when and where it will be, they are setting up special clinics to deal with it.

Spreading propaganda is not what I, as the original poster, was doing. I was merely asking how many or who has gotten the H1N1.

I think you did a great service starting this thread, Colleen. It has been informative to see where the vaccine has and has not become available. Understandably, there are conflicting opinions about its efficacy, but H1N1 seems to be a growing problem, and I think I would want my grandchildren and children to have it. DW and I are in the older age group at lowest risk given that we evidently were exposed to like strains of it years ago and so may have some degree of immunity.

Anyway, great thread, Colleen!

Its not available in my city in South Louisiana yet. Got the regular flu shot , and pneumonia shot...on the suggestion of my cardio and surgeon.

I had the regular flu shot in Sept.
and was prettty sick with flu last week which my doc suspects was the H1N1... So I hope I am good to go.

DH and I went to our church today after I got off work. The health department was giving H1N1 vaccines. I registered DH and I online. We got there about 4p and the line was clear outside and no where to park. There was without exageration about 1000 people already waiting and cars backed up as far as we could see. They had police directing traffic. What a mess. We did not even attempt it. I will call my doc and see if they have them but I am guessing not. I thought we would get them at work and the dd board asked and health department said no. :rolleyes:

The hospital I used to go to, to get all of these won't be getting it this year they said.

My step mom's work stopped providing them.

I tried to go to the health care clinics around here none of them had any.

I am hoping my private doctor gets them. But it is unlikely.

I cannot and will not stand in an eight hour line in 105 degree heat to get this shot.

I think its interesting that about a month ago before the vaccines were
out, there were so many people who said they didn't want it or didn't
trust it,and now that there is a shortage...everyone wants it.
Just pointing out the way our psychology works...and how supply and
demand effects us.

I normally don't get the yearly shot as I believe the precautions I take are effective but the seriousness of the H1N1 , if caught, has prompted me to change my plan.
I am probably going to get it at the end of the week.

Wait times are 4+ hours in Ottawa.
After we had 2 previously healthy children die in the space of 2 days, there has been a flood of people.

My daughter is currently in the Children's Hospital and my God Son (Nephew) has a fever and may be heading back soon. I cannot avoid them both so ...

I've had the regular flu shot, and have it every year. I work at a hospital, but am very skeptical of getting the swine flu shot. My husband works in a pharmacy and him and his pharmacist friends are completely against it, so I'm still very up in the air about getting this shot. I still don't know what I'm going to do.

I know this is the regular flu shot, but it's heartbreaking and thought I'd share (she received the flu shot in August 2009), she was training to be a Washington Redskins cheerleader and now has Dystonia.. when I see things like this, I can't help but be skeptical of any flu shot and what it might do to me or someone in my family:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR5p_bD3uLc

Kristen, that is a very sad video... I got the regular flu shot last week....Does anyone know why there is such caution about the H1N1 shot?

I know a few people who are recovering from the swine flu. I was concerned about what could happen if I did get that flu. I checked with my cardio, he told me to get it. I also have to travel on a couple of long flights next week. I did not to take the chance on being on a plane with someone who might have it.

I managed to find a doc in the box that had some in stock. I went ahead and got the shot. However, I am told that since they were out of the regular flu shot, I have to wait four weeks to get that shot.

Karl

My wife, a medical doctor, was basically cornered by some CDC nurse while at the clinic where she works, and got her H1N1 shot right then and there. I think, however, it was a matter of closing the barn door after the horse had escaped. She thinks we've all had it. The kids got only mild cases, though each of them had fevers approaching 102° F, and mine was 101° F. Jane's was so mild she had no fever within a day and was able to return to school shortly thereafter. KC got his during a long teacher in-service break, so his fall break was spent being ill. Laura had symptoms, too, about a week prior to her shot, and had to stay home from work, and was masked for much of the time at work after she felt a bit better. She was first with it, then KC, then Jane and I at the same time. I had an enduring mild bronchitis, but it's fading away. Laura diagnosed a good number of patients in the weeks prior to her own illness with H1N1 and lab tests confirmed her diagnoses. She had been very careful about being masked and washing her hands thoroughly between patients, and immediately after touching them, but apparently something got through.

My father, 76, is still concerned, but I assured him that his immunity should still last him. He was exposed to KC just as his symptoms began and Dad never got sick, so I guess he is indeed immune, and about 1949 or so when the genetic relative of Swine flu went around, my father probably caught it and got his immunity at the time. My mother, 76, likewise, shouldn't have any trouble, either.

Just in case it turns out it wasn't H1N1, I think I'll get the kids and myself vaccinated anyway. At least then we'll know for sure.

Chris

I am now infected with the faux h1n1 vaccination mind control chip. I will soon be using a drool pan and performing various tasks according to the edict of the obama administration. No one can stop the swine flu frenzied big government automatons now. We are legion - you will assimilate.

LOL. Forgive me for the satire. I really did get the vaccination today though. I feel good about it too.

The nurse lady made me show her all the prescriptions on a printout from my pharmacy, AND my daughter's birth certificate. Apparently they're limiting the vaccine to people with infants under 6 months, children under 18, pregnant women and (maybe?) people with serious chronic conditions.

The nurse's eyes got real big when I showed them 3 pages of script history with like 10 different meds.

I am now infected with the faux h1n1 vaccination mind control chip. I will soon be using a drool pan and performing various tasks according to the edict of the obama administration. No one can stop the swine flu frenzied big government automatons now. We are legion - you will assimilate.

LOL. Forgive me for the satire. I really did get the vaccination today though. I feel good about it too.

The nurse lady made me show her all the prescriptions on a printout from my pharmacy, AND my daughter's birth certificate. Apparently they're limiting the vaccine to people with infants under 6 months, children under 18, pregnant women and (maybe?) people with serious chronic conditions.

The nurse's eyes got real big when I showed them 3 pages of script history with like 10 different meds.
The first paragraph of this really made me laugh!
Well I have been infected with the H1N1 and have lived to tell.. hopefully it will all blow over quickly

Just to update, I had the swine flu shot Nov. 6. Flushed and achy feeling that night, gone by morning. I'm glad I had it done. There were crying babies and kids and those were just the men! LOL!

Back