What makes a Top Doctor/Hospital???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What makes a Top Doctor/Hospital???

• Total voters

Mike C

Many times people ask VR.Com for referrals to the top doctors. When making referrals, I am interested in others opinions on the following question.

For you, How do you determine what makes a top doctor/hospital?

I work in healthcare and am looking to do outcomes research and a recent post linked the two for me. By outcomes research, I basically mean developing a scientifically defensible approach to document why a patient should come here (we dont do hearts) over a competitor.

I screwed up and voted once, so I went in and changed the poll to reflect my last two choices.

My husband selected a surgeon who was local for us. We are blessed with this absolutely fantastic surgeon, Dr. Harry DePan. He operated on Joe three times, two valve surgeries, and one lung surgery. All were exceptional in the care given, the end result and the problem free recoveries. Couldn't have asked for a nicer surgeon with great credentials.

It was so nice to be able to drive for 20 minutes to see the surgeon.

Joe's first surgery was in Boston, in the 70's. There were few surgeons doing valves then. Traveling three to four hours was tough and expensive.

Mike C said:
Many times people ask VR.Com for referrals to the top doctors. When making referrals, I am interested in others opinions on the following question.

For you, How do you determine what makes a top doctor/hospital?

I work in healthcare and am looking to do outcomes research and a recent post linked the two for me. By outcomes research, I basically mean developing a scientifically defensible approach to document why a patient should come here (we dont do hearts) over a competitor.

Is this just for surgery or hospital in general? I had different thoughts/choices, for Justin's heart sugery experience, research, is the Heart area all one location,with their own CCU, with staff that just take care of heart patients, or do heart patients share ICU w/ traumas and the staff has to know about everything that can have surgery? THEN if a couple hospitals are close in the things important to me, if one is close and one states away, that is where local would come into play, When he needed his broken arm operated on, or When I've gone for asthma or even my gall bladder out, I took completely different things into where I would go, that stuff, local small hospitals were fine for me. but for A heart that was operated on a few times already, local would be nice, but that is really far down the list
Since you don't do heart surgery, What is your hospitals specialty, maybe someone here need to go to the hospital for that, and could tell you what they looked for

Latest posts

Back