what is percutaneous endovascular intervention

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginian777

having a cath done jan.30.13 but letter said ithey where also doing a percutaneous endovascular intervention couldn't really find the answer on line.

Sounds like while they have the catheter in, they're going to do something other than just look around?? Or maybe it's a fancy name for catheterisation! Are you getting a stent? That would be an example of a PCI.

im having it done at the veterans hospital and they sent me a appointment letter that said your cardiac catheterization/percutaneous coronary intervention/percantaneous endovascular intervention has been scheduled for dates etc.

Almost all of us have a cath prior to our surgeries. It is used to assess if there are any blockages that might need by passing, to get an assessment of ejection fraction ETC and is a better test for information gathering than Echo and Tee. Most of us are nervous before it and the hugely vast majority of us find we wasted a lot of energy worrying as it goes easily and smoothly. You likely will have conscious sedation and if you feel you want more relief, speak up.
Don't worry tons about it. It's a good test and when done by experienced, well trained interventionalist cardiologists, it is not nearly as scarey as we expect.

Good luck.

im having it done at the veterans hospital and they sent me a appointment letter that said your cardiac catheterization/percutaneous coronary intervention/percantaneous endovascular intervention has been scheduled for dates etc.

Like skigirl said above, it seems like one letter fits all procedures (typical military) I would not be concerned.

Latest posts

Back