Warfarin & Aspirin.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petros

I have noticed that some people take both of the above. Could you please inform me the case in which a person taking Warfarin should also take Aspirin?
Until now I had the impression that Aspirin is given for Anti-Coagulation purposes. :confused:

I have noticed that some people take both of the above. Could you please inform me the case in which a person taking Warfarin should also take Aspirin?
Until now I had the impression that Aspirin is given for Anti-Coagulation purposes. :confused:

For over 30 years I was told by my cardiologists NOT to take aspirin; I was told to take only Tylenol. Then, after my last OHS in 2006, I was sent home w/aspirin added to my string of medications including coumadin which I have been on for years. Never could figure that out either but I figured the doctors knew what they were doing so I'm still on it ---- 81mg Baby Aspirin by the way.

If you are talking about daily low dose Aspirin, 81mg, it is taken for it's anti-platelet action on the blood. Simply, it makes the blood more slippery. I took it for one year after surgery.

Prior to my valve replacement, I took 325 mg ecotrin (coated aspirin) daily.
After my valve surgery, for the time I was on warfarin, they reduced my aspirin to 81 mg daily.

As soon as I stopped taking warfarin, my dosage of ecotrin was raised back to 325 mg daily.

Latest posts

Back