Walgreens law suit over warfarin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor takes warfarin for a-fib.
Her range is 2.0 - 3.0 and she takes 1 mg per day five days and either 1.5 or 2 mg two days to maintain her range. She seems to be highly sensitive and requires very little to be anti-coagulated.

It is possible the lady in this incident could have been the same. Taking 10 mg instead of 1 mg would be highly dangerous.

It's possible, just not likely. 10mg is double the standard starting dose and if she took that everyday or more then one time a day, you can see where the problem would be. No matter how you look at it, that was a MAJOR screw up.

Doug, everyone's dosage is different. You're not a freak! I take between 47 - 59 mg per week. Whatever it takes to stay in range is the right dosage. For some it's a minimal amount, for others it's large - doesn't really matter how much just so long as it's right for you. FYI - I have an acquaintance who takes 18 mg/day. Works for her:)

I take 45 to 50 mg a week. Am I a freak? I am keeping my INR between 2 and 3. It has been a tad low or a tad high at times, like .1 or .2.

Whatever it takes to stay in range is the correct dose for you. Tad high or low like .1 or .2? INR is not that dang accurate. You can get up to a .5 variation in a test.

Latest posts

Back