Valve plug anyone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManiSham

hi

Just wanted to check whether anyone has had a valve plug (trans catheter procedure) to stop leaks if so please share your experience. I have an AR on my mechanical valve and my doctor recommends this, however I have to wait tile June to get further expert opinion.

Thanks
MS

Hi,

I was just messaging a lady on FB who will have this plugging procedure. I'm very curious ant it, since my first month after surgery echo revealed a hole! My surgeon then tried to convince me it was intentional! to wash always clots! I didn't believe him then and doubting his honesty now more and more after 7 years of surgery! My energy is declining ... Have occasional Sobs daily, my echo reveals aortic regurgitation, can't sleep more than 3-4 hours a night (even with a sleeping pill)!

Back to your question, I researched plugging and successful procedures help a lot in improving one's heart muscle!

We're are you planning to he yours done.

I didn't read previous emails if you mentioned anything about how you physically feel?

I asked the lady on FB to post here to help a wider number of heart patients.

I'll look at you other posts and keep an eye on your upcoming ones. Good luck.

Eva;n855656 said:
I was just messaging a lady on FB who will have this plugging procedure. I'm very curious ant it, since my first month after surgery echo revealed a hole! My surgeon then tried to convince me it was intentional! to wash always clots! I didn't believe him then and doubting his honesty now more and more after 7 years of surgery! My energy is declining ... Have occasional Sobs daily

very sorry to hear of your situation, I know nothing I do or say will change it, but none the less I wanted to comment that I feel for you. No one should suffer from malpractice.

hi Eva,

During my surgery the heart was enflamed a lot, therefore once the AV was replaced and the heart returned to it's normal size there was a leakage since the valve used was to fit the swollen heart. The leak was there from the beginning however it has become a grade 3 AR after almost 10 years. I don't have any severe symptoms apart from feeling a bit tired. I still exercise and no problem falling asleep so far.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope you feel better soon. Are planning to get the plug procedure done as well?

Keep me posted and would love to hear from someone who has got it done. I'm a bit nervous, getting admitted in June :(

TC
ManiSham

Eva;n855656 said:
Hi,

I was just messaging a lady on FB who will have this plugging procedure. I'm very curious ant it, since my first month after surgery echo revealed a hole! My surgeon then tried to convince me it was intentional! to wash always clots! I didn't believe him then and doubting his honesty now more and more after 7 years of surgery! My energy is declining ... Have occasional Sobs daily, my echo reveals aortic regurgitation, can't sleep more than 3-4 hours a night (even with a sleeping pill)!

Back to your question, I researched plugging and successful procedures help a lot in improving one's heart muscle!

We're are you planning to he yours done.

I didn't read previous emails if you mentioned anything about how you physically feel?

I asked the lady on FB to post here to help a wider number of heart patients.

I'll look at you other posts and keep an eye on your upcoming ones. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back