Valentines Day?????

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member

Ok, this should be fun/interesting. What are you planning to do for or to:eek: your sweetie for Valentines Day? Any special/funny memories of Valentine Days gone by???:)

Cooker, your right!

This should be interesting and fun.

Hopefully someone can give me some ideas.

Lord knows I've tried everything in the past 23 years to try to get the flame burning. Maybe the wick is just too short to try lighting ;) :D

Freddie said:
Cooker, your right!

Lord knows I've tried everything in the past 23 years to try to get the flame burning. Maybe the wick is just too short to try lighting ;) :D

LOL!! I will not pass that along to hubby .... but sorry to hear that:p Yep after 25 years I could use some ideas for something new and exciting. I though about rolling myself in the stuff they dip candied apples in but wifey is on a diet and I would just be "stuck":p :p

Not sure for this year..but will tell you a funny from a few years back..

I enlisted the help of my dh's boss..
Dh was scheduled to meet with a potential customer who was passing through a nearby town. He was asked to meet up with this 'customer' at his hotel before he had to leave for the airport.

Meanwhile..I was In the hotel room ,now you must realize that we live on a budget, and I could only afford a CHEAP hotel room. think of an old motel with the rooms seperate from the office. I gave the lady in the office a letter with my husbands name on it. I told her the whole story. she did not speak clear English but was Very excited to be part of a playful scheme!;)
the letter told him that "I" the customer was not feeling well..and requested that he come to my room to pick up the papers..

I am in the room gettting it all pretty..spreading rose petals, lighting candles setting a little table with chocolates and fruit..and slipping into a little something special;)
the room is looking great! and I decide to run to the bathroom.. and Uh Oh.. the toilet doestn't work.. Eek:eek: .. So I call out to the desk and tell them..but it is only minutes until my dh is to arrive..so can someone PLEASE HURRY????
3 min. later the maintenance man shows up at the door.. uh ..well um..I am a bit embarassed b/c it is quite obvious that there is a romantic rendevous about to take place. :rolleyes: Mr. Fix it took care of things quickly and left.

WHILE..all of this is going on.. Unbeknown to me.. My dh is sitting in the parking lot of this "rather shady" motel. He is wondering to himself WHY in the world is this businessman staying HERE instead of a descent place like the holiday in across the street. while he is sitting there he is thinking.."hmm it is V-tines day and I hope to get home and surprise Mar.." so he is listening to his radio..watching some old dude with a plunger walk across the parking lot..when His battery dies:eek: WHAT... How in the World is he going to Explain to his WIFE...that he got a dead battery in the parking lot of this flea bag hotel in the middle of the day????

Dh finally decides to go to the office and see where this guy is that he is to meet?
the lady smiled and giggled and handed him the envelope..
He got very embarassed and read it.. then decided He didnt' care what kind of business this man had there was NO WAY he was going to his motel room!!!
His battery was dead and he couldn't leave..and this woman was smiling at him!! Basically he ws stuck!

He finally decided..with a little help from my front desk lady.. to come and get the papers and then try to call someone to help jumpstart his car..
Well when he got to the room:D ;) :D ... The rest is just too personal to share!

marky said:
Not sure for this year..but will tell you a funny from a few years back..

I enlisted the help of my dh's boss..
Dh was scheduled to meet with a potential customer who was passing through a nearby town. He was asked to meet up with this 'customer' at his hotel before he had to leave for the airport.

Meanwhile..I was In the hotel room ,now you must realize that we live on a budget, and I could only afford a CHEAP hotel room. think of an old motel with the rooms seperate from the office. I gave the lady in the office a letter with my husbands name on it. I told her the whole story. she did not speak clear English but was Very excited to be part of a playful scheme!;)
the letter told him that "I" the customer was not feeling well..and requested that he come to my room to pick up the papers..

I am in the room gettting it all pretty..spreading rose petals, lighting candles setting a little table with chocolates and fruit..and slipping into a little something special;)
the room is looking great! and I decide to run to the bathroom.. and Uh Oh.. the toilet doestn't work.. Eek:eek: .. So I call out to the desk and tell them..but it is only minutes until my dh is to arrive..so can someone PLEASE HURRY????
3 min. later the mainenance man shows up at the door.. uh ..well um..I am a bit embarassed b/c it is quite obvious that there is a romantic rendevous about to take place. :rolleyes: Mr. Fix it took care of things quickly and left.

WHILE..all of this is going on.. Unbeknown to me.. My dh is sitting in the parking lot of this "rather shady" motel. He is wondering to himself WHY in the world is this businessman staying HERE instead of a descent place like the holiday in across the street. while he is sitting there he is thinking.."hmm it is V-tines day and I hope to get home and surprise Mar.." so he is listening to his radio..watching some old dude with a plunger walk across the parking lot..when His battery dies:eek: WHAT... How in the World is he going to Explain to his WIFE...that he got a dead battery in the parking lot of this flea bag hotel in the middle of the day????

Dh finally decides to go to the office and see where this guy is that he is to meet?
the lady smiled and giggled and handed him the envelope..
He got very embarassed and read it.. then decided He didnt' care what kind of business this man had there was NO WAY he was going to his motel room!!!
His battery was dead and he couldn't leave..and this woman was smilling at him!!

He finally decided..with a little help from my front desk lady.. to come and get the papers and then try to call someone to help jumpstart his car..
Well when he got to the room:D ;) :D ... The rest is just too personal to share!

I?m assuming you got him jump started;) :D

Bina said:
How about making a cute little card with a heartfelt, mushy poem inside.
Something like:

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
After 25 years
I still tolerate you!
:) :)

Or after 25 years

Oh sweetie oh sweetie
Who would have thought
After 25 years we’d ever get caught

Sittin in the back seat just shootin the breeze
With you hair up in curlers
And you pants to your knees:eek: :eek: :eek:

Freddie said:
Cooker, your right!

I agree x2!

Anyone remember Maribel Morgan and her book,"The Total Woman?" I used to move it from the Women's Studies section of the University library to the Engineering section. Gives all new meaning to Saran wrap and a smile!

Now, I wonder if anyone's written "The Total Man."

Blanche

Jim and I will be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary on Valentines Day. I just love this day and with good reason.
Eat, Don't Drink and be Merry.
Kathleen

I'm going to be in France with my best friend, visiting my daughter. My DH will be here with the dog. Probably grateful that the pressure is off with me out of the country!!!!:D

cooker said:

Ok, this should be fun/interesting. What are you planning to do for or to:eek: your sweetie for Valentines Day? Any special/funny memories of Valentine Days gone by???:)

Okay, lets get back on topic cause I need some thoughts and ideas.

Lord knows I've tried everything in the past 23 years to try to get the flame burning. Maybe the wick is just too short to try lighting

Freddie said:
Okay, lets get back on topic cause I need some thoughts and ideas.

Lord knows I've tried everything in the past 23 years to try to get the flame burning. Maybe the wick is just too short to try lighting

OK OK!!! Flowers delivered to work, dinner at Ruth's Chris, back to the hot tub, champagne for her, sparkling water for me, music..........;) :D

It could be worse, Feb 14th was when my wifes mother died after a long battle with cancer....kinda nullifies the heart patterned boxers and chocolate body paint.........

Just remember, no matter how bad you think it is someone somewhere is always having a tougher time of it...:(

Try the scattergun approach, breakfast in bed, meet for lunch, evening meal out, cinema/show, chocolates, flowers, jewelry, perfume, new dress, new shoes & a suprise short break.....if that doesn't work you know its time to give up :rolleyes:

Magic8Ball said:
Try the scattergun approach, breakfast in bed, meet for lunch, evening meal out, cinema/show, chocolates, flowers, jewelry, perfume, new dress, new shoes & a suprise short break.....if that doesn't work you know its time to give up :rolleyes:

Brother if that don't work, keep an eye on the postman:D :cool:

My husband gave me my Valentines present early. He got us tickets to see Ron White at the Fox on April 6th. He doesn't even have to buy me a card. I am a happy camper. I have bought him a special card already and the rest envolves Asti Spumante. After 40 years of marriage its still all good.

I guess our Valentine's Days have been pretty conventional: candy, flowers, wine or champagne, dinner out at a nice restaurant. Guess I need to use more imagination. Maybe this thread will give me ideas to make it memorable for my wife of 41 years. :)

But I have to say honestly my most memorable Valentine's Day came three years ago, 2005. On Saint Valentine's Day, I was in the hospital for my pre-op for my open-heart surgery that came two days later. Now that was weird -- thinking about romantic hearts and the ticking heart and the amazing procedure that was about to happen -- replacing not just an aortic valve, but the entire aortic root. ("Hey, can they actually do that?" I wondered.) And getting as a present not some Hershey kisses but that weird soap to scrub down with the night before. And thinking about not just romance but one's own mortality -- so, hey, I am grateful to still be around to celebrate Valentine's! :rolleyes:

Two days after this coming Valentine's Day -- the 16th, my valveversary - Carrie Underwood is coming to town for a concert. When I was recovering from my heart surgery, she was uplifting my spirits with her winning performances on American Idol. And now she is a huge country star, the best. My special angel? Well, she certainly sings like an angel! :)

Latest posts

Back