Update on Doug

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Doug, two days out and you're making your own posts! Sounds like you are doing very well. Feel better soon.

Michele

WOW Doug, by all accounts your doing very well. I couldn't even focus on a magazine on my 2nd day and it took me 3 months before I touched the computer.

May your recovery continue to be bump free, but remember to be good to yourself.

Doug
Glad you are doing so well.I had my surgery there in Sept.You will be very well cared for.It is a 1st class hospital.As you have noticed even the food servers wear a tux.Keep up the good work.

Wow, great to hear from you Doug on only day 2. I did not even know where I was on day 2. I was still in LALA land. Looking forward to hearing more when you are able.

I saw the updates on Torrey Pines, has anyone seen anything from Rick?
The information on this forum really helped prepare me for this, but there were still some surprises like the chest tubes (I had one pulled yesterday) and the waking up part on Wed evening. At this hospital, the rooms are the ICU, so I was in a room with my wife and it sounded like they were having a party. I still had the breathing tube in and my eyes were still taped closed and that got a bit scary. And, then the sensation of the body waking up was pretty weird. For example, I could move my toes first and it just worked it's way up from there.

One of the nurses said she had the number of that truck that has hit us all, but I didn't get the nurses name so we will still have to keep searching for that truck.

They have had me up and walking and I was able to sleep decently last night. Most of the wires and tubes have been pulled but I am still retaining fluid so I have to keep one chest tube in. And, they have been filling me full of goop to try and get me to have a bowel movement.

I am definitely not pushing anything, this is just how they work at this hospital, I am tired but feel real good.

I will post again later.

Doug,
I agree with Johan and others!. What great progress you are making. Take things slowly, and remember one day at a time. Best wishes for a bump free recovery.

I saw the updates on Torrey Pines, has anyone seen anything from Rick? . . .

I just checked again and don't see anything from "Old Geezer" yet but hopefully he's tearing up and down the hallways, cape flying, terrorizing the nurses on the cardiac floor :) .

Back